Anybody looking for game background music?

Gregor

I've decided that I'm wholly incapable of the overarching managerial tasks required to make a game for the Pandora, and that frankly I don't want to invest the effort writing so much code when code is what I do all day anyway.

So instead, I wonder if anybody's looking for someone to write background music. Although it's not my primary talent (in my heart I'm a programmer
tongue.gif
), I'm not terrible either, and some people seem to like what I write.

Some examples (note that some of these are meant to loop, so will start and end abruptly):

FYI, I also write acoustic piano music in a neoromantic style, but that's not what you should expect if you want me to write music for a game: Op 13 mov 1, 2, Op 11

Caveats to my writing background music: I am not an expert and don't have tons of money, so production quality is only whatever I can manage. I really don't like short musical loops by the way, so I typically write them on the order of 3-5 minutes. They will be somewhat repetitive within that 3-5 minutes (this is still background music), but much less so than a 1 minute loop. I may sometimes seem flaky but in fact I'm just extremely busy. I do music as a relaxing distraction, so it's not always my top priority. I have tried my hand at electronic ambiance, and failed spectacularly; if the musical style you hear above doesn't suit you, there's not a lot I can do about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
So instead, I wonder if anybody's looking for someone to write background music. Although it's not my primary talent (in my heart I'm a programmer :p ), I'm not terrible either, and some people seem to like what I write.

I am. My current game project is in Windows (well, it uses Allegro 5, so a Linux version should be buildable too, but won't look to that until the game is ready).

It's a remake of Werewolves of London (C64/Spectrum/Amstrad). We have a playable demo, and I meet with my cohort once a week on Wednesdays, so we are making pretty good progress.

I've only really got a few things to finish off (the main one being the NPC AI). Dave is currently building the world, and once he's done that, he'll be updating the Speccy graphics to his own

If you're interested, let me know.

(Just as an FYI to anybody who thought I may have posted this but then not responded, I'm responding in PM)

Back