Tilematch Music Question

Apesandtapes

Still Fresh
When I play Tilematch, there is music during the intro screen and after you lose, but not during play. When I actually start the game, there are sound effects for selecting/moving tiles, making chains, getting to the next level etc., but no background music plays. Up to this point I assumed that was just how it was.
However, yesterday my girlfriend was playing and at some point background music started to play during the game! She wasn't at a particularly high level and she hadn't been playing that long; she said she hit some random combination of buttons and it started playing. When she was done playing, I tried to duplicate whatever she had done, but the background music won't play for me!
I'm playing Tilematch version 6 on Firmware 3.0.0, I've read the readme and whatever I could find about Tilematch on the forums and web; does anyone know how to activate the background music? Is this perhaps a firmware compatibility issue?
I really like the music and it would be great to be able to listen to it while playing.

I think it is something to do with which button you use to start a game. It has been a while now since I played it (I used to be hooked on it) but I think it matters whether you press START or 'B' to start a game.

that is exaclty how it works. originally it was a bug but then the dev decided to keep it as you can use it as a "mute the music" button... sorta. i think if you press start it will play the music but not sure, just try yourself.

Back