Any way to get started on Pyra development without an OMAP 5?

1. Someone said a special version of SDL had to be used for OpenPandora. Will the same be true with SDL2 and Pyra?

3. Can I put a game on itch.io with a pay what you want model and still put a Pyra version in the Pyra repository, or do I have to choose? I would choose Pyra, just thought it might be fun to do the itch.io thing.

To the best of my knowledge, you don't *have* to use a special build of SDL on the Pandora, but it's a good idea to use Notaz' special build for full-screen Pandora games because it's faster .

You can release multiple versions of things in different places just fine. For example, Exophase released his DS emulator, DraStic for free on Pandora but it's a paid for product on Android. You could even put a free version on Pyra and a paid for version on Raspberry Pi (assuming they have a paid for repository) or vice versa (assuming the Pyra repo will have that feature like the Pandora one does), even though it's a moment's work on linux to unpack a Pyra or Raspberry Pi program archive - that doesn't work for DraStic because it doesn't have any graphics beyond an icon, and the Pandora build's built against framebuffer and linux joystick/keyboard libs, while the Android version is build against android libs.

Back