Any Psx Info?

sething

Still Fresh
is there any info on the psx4all update?
i could not find any news on the topic...

From the last posts by Zottd I get the impression he has squeezed it for all the performance he could get with the ideas he has at the moment, and is waiting for some inspiration/motivation before continuing. (just my impression from reading between the lines).

He's also got commercial work which needs doing.

You can get the last version(15 April 2007) from here: http://www.spookysoftsite.com/psx4gp2x

You'd be surprised how many games work, but you need to clock to 266 MHZ.

Here's what I tried @ 266 MHZ and what results I got:

Tenchu: Looks good but somewhat slow, however you could play it if your patient.
Ridge Racer: Looks choppy when other cars move, a bit slow.
NBA Jam: Menus look good, and works at a playable speed until the actual match start, then all goes black, you can only see the players when you hit pause, and then you see it, but while in the game you can't see anything. idk if it's my game, or the emulator doesn't support it.
Crash Bash: Looks ok, and the speed is fair.

Well yeah, lot's of games "work" but they're not playable (unless you're into S&M and like to suffer :) ).

I've tried dozens of games and I can't think of even one which is playable i.e. not excruciatingly slow (well maybe Resident Evil when you're alone on screen).
Note that I'm talking about all the typical PSX games here(i.e. 3D): I've heard that some 2D games are quite fast, but if I wanted to play 2D games then I'd boot up Picodrive or some other older console emu and enjoy decent speed, not use a PSX emulator.

Wow, reading back on this post it seems like I'm ripping into this emu in a very harsh way, but believe it or not it's my favorite project on these boards (guess I'm a bit of a sadist after all :) ) . Good work Zottd and Una-i!
I really do believe that it will one day fulfill my dream of portable PSX gaming on this great console. Just not right now.

Lobo said:
Well yeah, lot's of games "work" but they're not playable (unless you're into S&M and like to suffer :) ).

I've tried dozens of games and I can't think of even one which is playable i.e. not excruciatingly slow (well maybe Resident Evil when you're alone on screen).
Note that I'm talking about all the typical PSX games here(i.e. 3D): I've heard that some 2D games are quite fast, but if I wanted to play 2D games then I'd boot up Picodrive or some other older console emu and enjoy decent speed, not use a PSX emulator.
Wow, reading back on this post it seems like I'm ripping into this emu in a very harsh way, but believe it or not it's my favorite project on these boards (guess I'm a bit of a sadist after all :) ) . Good work Zottd and Una-i!
I really do believe that it will one day fulfill my dream of portable PSX gaming on this great console. Just not right now.

Yeah 2D games could be considered playable such as Guilty Gears. But as you said it's not worth it, although I heard that there are some awesome 2D games for the PS1. The only ones I could think of would be Street Fighter or Marvel Vs. Capcom, but that works on the CPS2 emulator :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back