Any possibility of this running PS2 emulators?

@ptitSeb
Serious Sam look nice..saw some Videos over Youtube.
I am curious about that too ;)

Yesterday i compiled the latest Git FFmpeg and Mplayer/Mencoder with your Codeblocks and tried some Gui.
traGtoor is a nice Video Conversion Gui but too big for the Pandora Display.

btw... is there any Way to Compile Deplhi Files on the Pandora?
I have exclusivly from the Creator of PockeDivxEncoder the Sourcefiles and the Agreement to port it to the Pandora.
Its a very nice VideoConversion Software based on Mplayer/Mencoder too.
http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/EN_index.htm

But have no Idea how to compile that Gui for the Pandora..Google helped me not here and no Readme with a little Howto.

@ingoreis : use Lazarus pnd, it should be abble to compile Delphi and Pascal code. If you have the PND somewhere, it should even be automatically detected and mounted when launching codeblocks commandline.

It's a bit old now though - FPC is at v3.0.1 and Lazarus is up at 1.7 iirc. That's not so much an issue for me (though the new optimisations to the compiled code would be very beneficial in the new FPC) as my code is written to be portable. But if you want Delphi compatibility as high as possible, the current PND needs to be updated.

D.

FPC is at 3.0 now? it's not 2.6/2.7 anymore?
I'll try to update, but I know this things take some time (I always strugle to have VFPv3 compiled in).

Yeah, no probs Mr Small Seb :)

They've added stuff like -O4 (aggressive optimisations that actually work rather than crash) and better delphi support so I can stop doing things like mystring := Copy(MyOtherString,10, MAXINT) to do what is pretty much a RIGHT$() call... And the code generated is noticeably better.

D.

Any News because Play! On the Pandora?
Shure it will not work smoothly...but i cannot await it :D
On My 1.2 Ghz Armv7a Phone i have from Time to Time12-15FPS with it(Samsung Relay 4g)
Maybe with the Pandora @1.2Ghz and Neon and OmapDSS it will work little Better than on my Phone :D

Hi @ptitSeb did you found the Time for a short Try to make a Port of this Play! Emulator?
I want to try it with my 2D Ps2 Games on the Pandora sometime in the Future :D

Hi @ptitSeb did you found the Time for a short Try to make a Port of this Play! Emulator?
I want to try it with my 2D Ps2 Games on the Pandora sometime in the Future :D

I compiled it on my Linux Laptop(OpenGL 2.1) after they finally added an unix/linux frontend, but when I load for example Metal Slug it happily tells me its running at 20fps and doing some Drawcalls but I only get an Black Screen. Did you already try the Android Version on the Pandora?

The Android Version on the Pandora is not working because our Android 2.3.7 is too old and use only the Dalvik Interpreter.
The Newer Androids use all this other System.
I do not know the Name of this newer System more.

Something with Android Runtime System instead of Dalvik.
Thats because i got an parsing Error while installing this on the Pandora Android.
And our Android is simply too old on the Pandora.

Update:
By using the Mesa Software Renderer (OGL3.0), it worked:
2016-09-18-112900_640x512_scrot.png
Note the Low FPS on my 2Ghz Core2Duo.

@TrashyMG
Could you try this on the Devboard?

I am shure for some RPGs who not are using 3D on PS2 much it will run :)
Here a Screenshot from my older 3GHZ Dualcore PC:
photo_2016-08-31_15-22-30.jpg

Edit:
Here a better Comparsion from the Phone of my Girlfriend.
Play! Emulator use only one Core..it cannot Multithreating and as you can see
this work with 18FPS on her Phone.
It is an 1.6GHZ Quadcore Phone but only one CPU is using while Play! run.
photo_2016-08-31_15-22-30.jpg

Last edited:
Note the Low FPS on my 2Ghz Core2Duo.
14fps isn't actually too bad, that's surprising for a software renderer. It's subpar, but for many people will be more than adequate. It's highly unlikely that that'll transfer to the Pyra though.

To revive thos thread - what's about the new android PS2 emulator AetherSX2? i don't think, that Pyra would be able to run it at full speed, but it would be worth a try

I'm talking from a hardware standpoint, as obviously it'd need programmers on the project. Just wondering if it'd be possible.
My raspberry pi 4 rpi4b - 4GB is an amazing ARM gaming machine - which can: boswars, 0ad, supertuxkart, and sauerbraten. including Dolphin for Gamecube.
PS2 is however a no go.

Which means that it is very unlikely that Pyra can play PS2 games.

On the RPI4:
Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Bogo
BogoMIPS        : 144.00

Linux PITV 5.4.72-v7l+ #1356 SMP Thu Oct 22 13:57:51 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Last edited:
Yes, but don't forget that Nintendo DS, N64 and PSX emulation started on the Pandora, and previous gens of hardware were started on previous open handhelds. These handhelds tend to attract people who are interested in getting these old systems running. To an extent the rise of ARM based SBCs has taken some of those people with it, but you still never know.

Reactions: rSl
Yes, but don't forget that Nintendo DS, N64 and PSX emulation started on the Pandora, and previous gens of hardware were started on previous open handhelds. These handhelds tend to attract people who are interested in getting these old systems running. To an extent the rise of ARM based SBCs has taken some of those people with it, but you still never know.

At the same time in UK, libretro and RetroPie were born. The Github "from Source" is very excellent, pi setup.

pisetup-retropie.png

Last edited:
Back