Linux...?

Snooty

Still Fresh
I've heard whispers about the possibility of Linux being ported to the GP32 - but is it likely? Is it even possible given the hardware available?

I'd assume it probably is. The processor is fast enough, and I assume the RAM is sufficient to run it. Obviously it'd need a keyboard to work properly, but I understand that people are working on that problem.

Does anyone have anything more concrete?

Yes, its definitely possible. If empee.daug.net were still online for non-Finlandians, you could see a screenie of it. As it is, you'll just have to take my word that it *has* been done.

BUT it was done aaaaaages ago, and no news since, so I don't think anyone is working on it atm anymore...

it wasn't released because it didn't work
if memory serves me the image showed the gp32 booting it, many an error occured

Hi! I am new here! this is my first post! :)
Since in Linux we can recompile the kernel, i think itz more tha possible to create a copy of linux for GP32.Although, technical knowledge is a must.
:blink:

Yes, its definitely possible. If empee.daug.net were still online for non-Finlandians, you could see a screenie of it. As it is, you'll just have to take my word that it *has* been done.

BUT it was done aaaaaages ago, and no news since, so I don't think anyone is working on it atm anymore...
Why isn't it on for non finlanders, I want to see it :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm wasnt there another news for somedays, saying that there is a new korean group trying it?
Yes i think so :)
i hope they get it working.... linux would be awesome!

Back