Any Chance We Could Get App/games Lists Stickied

Chip said:
Nobody should really need a list. All it takes is a bit of common sense and some basic reasoning skills to figure out if a particular program could run on the Pandora. To give you some help in helping yourselves, I've created a flowchart which you can use to determine if a program is likely to run on the Pandora. If you must sticky something, sticky this.

T.jpg

PS - Gliffy rocks.

How about adding that diagram to the "Ports require source code" sticky?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
I've modified the flowchart slightly and added it to the FAQ. Hopefully that will be enough to cut down on the "Will Pandora run such-and-such" threads.

Not to be a spoilsport, but how many new threads have been started which were answered with "it's in the FAQ" or something to that effect? The lesson being that a lot of people just don't like to do their own research. I'm sure it'll deter some requests, but don't be surprised when a few more pop up. Even if they do read it, I think it'll be the first stop, "is it open source", that'll slip up most people. They simply might not know and don't want to bother finding out, so they ask.

As long as they aren't condescending assholes, it's ok when people ask.

sindbad said:
As long as they aren't condescending assholes, it's ok when people ask.
Unless there are 80 of them who ask about the same app almost simultaneously in separate threads. Then even if they're green as the youngest shoots in spring, it's not quite so ok.

Tobriand said:
Unless there are 80 of them who ask about the same app almost simultaneously in separate threads.
Then they're assholes. Not condescending, but assholes.

Back