Another 8000 Nubs To Go.

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
Craigix: Had to order another 8000 nubs last week, and the lead time for Pandora batch two is 28 weeks! Gads!

Looks like preparation on batch 2 already started, hope you guys have some rest in the holiday season :) I'll be busy playing on my pandora then hopefully :) would be nice if zx81 ports the fMSX emulator than I could have the christmas I had as a child, in front of the TV playing nightmare.

Holy crap, that's 7 months! So does that mean if anyone wants a 2nd batch Pandora they're going to have to wait at least that long before they get one?

-Tj- said:
Holy crap, that's 7 months! So does that mean if anyone wants a 2nd batch Pandora they're going to have to wait at least that long before they get one?

From now last week on. So it'll be april/may 2010 or something

Last edited by a moderator:
-Tj- said:

it seems so except if the offer a nubless version...

Elwing said:
-Tj- said:

it seems so except if the offer a nubless version...

Than it'll look something like this:

nipples.jpg

No it just pretty much saying the second batch will be another 4000 units, though it would be broken down the same way as before IIRC.

Than it'll look something like this:

that's the manliest dude I ever seen, he has not a shred of feminine features on him. Kinda like Wil Wheaton.

Are we sure its not for this batch. I've not read anything about the full BOM.

-Tj- said:

Let's hope that anyone who wants a 1st batch Pandora is not going to wait that long from now.

I suggest you source enough parts for a LOT of Pandoras. People aren't going to be happy if there's always 7 months in between batches.

Whats the diverent from the aktual OperatingSystem , and the OS where you going to fix in the next 7 Monts(tm)?, isnt the pandora os noobfriendly by now? i am a bit noob, i can make things whit windofs like installings games, and ubuntu is my aktual os on my desktop, but can i use the pandora from the first batsch easy?

and the 8000 nubs, are thy for the second batsch?

there some png file, i must only put on the sdhc cart and start them on the pandora, right?

matzesu said:
Whats the diverent from the aktual OS, and the OS where you going to fix in the next 7 Monts(tm)?, isnt the pandora os noobfriendly by now? i am a bit noob, a can make things whit windofs, and ubuntu is my aktual os on my desktop, but can i use the pandora from the first batsch easy?

and the 8000 nubs, are thy for the second batsch?

There for the 2nd batch.
You always learn a lot once you get a lot of people using something. So once the 1st batcher's start using it, they can give input on what can be improved or changed, what works well and what doesn't, etc. You probably wont have any problems using it.

If everything aligns correctly and now that they they'll have a complete handle on things by that time, there will definitely be less questions to answer then the first time around (once this batch gets going). Of coarse things always come up but that's life.

7 Months? Wow, alot time, how is this number calculated? Does it need 28 full weeks to build all the components for the 2. batch or does it need 28 Weeks to have the money together to pay the stuff or are the factories busy so it needs 28 Weeks, or is it just a number which includes a good bunch of "save time frame"?

Back