Anime

Should really classify what genre/ age range you want! Anime covers a wide range of subjects from fairly mature sci fi, to basic action to kiddy style pokemon (note: digimon is better).

Also on the Ghost In The Shell issue:
Ghost In The Shell Manga (original) > GITS: Stand Alone Complex (first gig) > GITS: Stand Alone Complex (second gig) > GITS (the original Movie) ~ GITS: Innocence

Also I have the second book to read, but it doesent look as good as the first.

Well I'm currently getting the first GITS movie aswell as the first TV series of GITS.

Regarding the genre's I'm interested in, probably Sci-Fi, fantasy adventurethingy and kiddy style pokemon :D.
As I said in the other thread I linked to, I've not really seen any anime so any pointers will be appreciated. From what I have seen the anime community looks awsome and extremely dedicated. As I was telling one of my friends last night, even if you think anime is crap you have to admire the dedication of the community, what with all of the release groups and things such as the Combined Community Codec Pack. Compared to release groups such as lol who rip something off TV, quickly rip the adverts and chuck it onto bittorrent with out of sync sound and broken frames and even parts of the program missing.

btw, I completely agree about Digimon being better than Pokemon, although both are pritty awsome (especially the first series of pokemon).

I suppose Pokemon is ace if you like the game. HOWEVER Digimon is just so much better for me (apart from the series where the trainers become digimon). Anyways yes... if you like the ghost in the shell movie please do get the manga. (The movie is an adaption of the book, taking much of the plot out).

BBTroll posted on Mar 10 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
b. The second GitS movie is awesome.

Yeah, if you like an hours worth of boring pseudo intellectual psycho babble and 20 minutes of mindless but very cool action...

Last edited by a moderator:
evaunit01 posted on Mar 11 2006 at 03:56 AM said:
BBTroll posted on Mar 10 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
b. The second GitS movie is awesome.

Yeah, if you like an hours worth of boring pseudo intellectual psycho babble and 20 minutes of mindless but very cool action...
yes!

Also all the Ghibli stuff is good, Princess Mononoke was sligtly better than Spirited Away though in my opinion, just slightly.

PinkSpider posted on Mar 11 2006 at 08:17 AM said:
Princess Mononoke was sligtly better than Spirited Away though in my opinion, just slightly.
yeah, both good tho. Need to go watch Howl's Moving Castle now

DemonStar55 posted on Mar 11 2006 at 06:07 PM said:
Princess Mononoke was sligtly better than Spirited Away though in my opinion, just slightly.

Anime addict :D

D.C. posted on Mar 11 2006 at 12:23 PM said:
DemonStar55 posted on Mar 11 2006 at 06:07 PM said:

Anime addict :D
haha, yeah...

EDIT: well I watched Howl's Moving Castle, it was okay, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke were better, or maybe I didn't enjoy it too much because I kept having to explain stuff to someone, oh well

well, i'm new to anime, but these are the series that I've actually seen and enjoyed:
Last Exile - I loved this, i'm not really sure why..... much of it is overdone drama but I still loved it.
Cowboy Bebop - You should definitely see this, great series!
Paranoia Agent - well, this one was rather weird but in the end I found it to be really interesting and enjoyable
Trigun - I didn't like this one as much as cowboy bebop, but it was still really good

I've also seen a lot of the Ghibli films and enjoyed them, although not as much as some of the series I listed above.

I haven't seen neon genesis evangelion so that is the next anime I plan on watching.

DemonStar55 posted on Mar 12 2006 at 06:57 PM said:
I just watched My Neighbor Totoro because some japanese kid I know told me to watch it, it was awesome. I want a cat bus
I watched that film on my GP32 when kissbengt gave it to me ages ago, what a guy.

kknd_cf posted on Mar 12 2006 at 02:01 PM said:
DemonStar55 posted on Mar 12 2006 at 06:57 PM said:
I just watched My Neighbor Totoro because some japanese kid I know told me to watch it, it was awesome. I want a cat bus
I watched that film on my GP32 when kissbengt gave it to me ages ago, what a guy.
hehe, I'm currently watching FLCL, again, on my gp2x in my study :)

now i need to watch Blood: The Last Vampire and Laputa: Castle in the Sky :)

Cowboy Bebop is my personal favourite, but also Noir, Hellsing, Ghost in the shell (the series and the movies), Samurai Deeper Kyo, Full Metal Panic! and Last Exile.

Back