Android gingerbread in a pnd?

Android for the Pandora has been working out so well for me. I am so glad this came to light. Since Plum for the Pandora could not do photos, I downloaded

a DNLA program for Android that works great for photos and video. I have not really used this for games only actual applications.

Sorry to be a dope, but I've looked in the repo, the wiki and here, but I don't see any information on how to install apps like Netflix. The Android pnd runs fine and I got networking setup. As there is no app for the play store on the Android desktop, I used the browser, but it doesn't recognize my device (it lists my Nexus) so I can't install via that method. I found an apk via the web, but can't seem to download. Obviously others have done it, please point me in the right direction.

not working here...

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/32gb/pandora/menu/gingerbread_r6.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : data
APPDATADIR      : /media/32gb/pandora/appdata/android_gingerbread
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : pandora/run_gingerbread.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
ERROR Unknown filesystem type : data
ERROR: The Union File-system is not mounted !
+++++++
Loopback devices :
Are mounted on :
For these Union :
[ FAILED]--- Mount the PND ----------
Return code is : 6

md5sum gingerbread_r6.pnd
0b7ba47286ce53ba0824b10475dc149b  gingerbread_r6.pnd

Last edited by a moderator:
^Looks to be a corrupted PND, have you tried re-downloading it?

I dont know what happend, but it wont start here anymore.

Works great for weeks, but now ...

I rename the folder android_gingerbreed to android_gingerbread_old and start it again. The programm asked my for the memorysize again, created a new folder and then it didnt start, like the installation before. :(

Whats wrong here?

Is there no one willing or able to port a more recent version of Android to our beloved device? Also, did anyone get bluetooth to work?
Anything newer than Gingerbread is most likely too resource hungry for the Pandora. I have not been able to get bluetooth working myself.

That's too bad :( There's many good apps that used to work but are updated in the playstore and thus not available for gingerbread anymore.

I thought Android kitkat was more optimized and also good for slower devices.. guess I was wrong :-/

Back