Android gingerbread in a pnd?

mario9705 the file manager is already installed :) and if you read my instructions somewhere in this thread its easy to get android play store working.

again: did anyone manage to run unity-engine based games?
Isn't Shadowgun based on unity-engine ?

If yes, it definitly runs fine and if you load the version from market, it runs. If not, you've "found" a wrong, other hardware's version or you are using Chainfire 3D that loads wrong code.

If you need Information about specific game, just post a list that people can check. Not everyone, me too, knows what unity-engine is or doesn't care about such details. :)

well, I installed several unity based games. including parking challenge, giana sisters and some of my own games I definatly compiled for gingerbread (though I'm not sure if I had 2.3.7 toolchain at that time). Thing is, those games work on my defy with similar hardware on both gingerbread and ics. On pandora, they don't even show up in the laucher.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok here we go.

final video of the mini series so far.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sjBbbyIoiHE?feature=oembed
Wow, impressive. OK, on 1GHz it should run more or less better than on 600MHz standard Pandoras. :)

But I couldn't play such games without physical Controls, I hope this is supported on the Pandora.

Another nice thing to see is, how fluid the menus are and how fast it reacts. On my Pandora, nothing in XFCE Destkop feels fast, every menu, dropdown window, programm start...just everything feels slow and delayed, no clue hat XFCE has for problems but I know the Pandora itself could be much faster than that.

That appears to have done the trick! It did fail to get an IP three times but then finally connected and stayed that way!
Note that with power save off it consume the battery significantly faster. With power save off I can only get 6 or 7 hours of my typical usage where I can get 10 to 12 hours with normal power saving features active. I'm not sure what the difference between Android and the built in Linux is. I'll have to experiment with a substantial wget or something.

Is there a cleaner way to exit Android on the Pandora other then "Kill Android"? Every time i kill android the angstrom login complains that it was not shutdown properly and wants me to reset the cpu speed to a lower setting. Is there an improper exit when android is killed?

EDIT: I tried halt from the Android command prompt but it's worse. It switches off the Pandora without a shutdown, not just Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan:

I guess I spoke too soon. I'm not able to stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time. I am going to wait a revision or two and see how things go for other people then I will give it a shot at that point. Thanks!

Is there a cleaner way to exit Android on the Pandora other then "Kill Android"? Every time i kill android the angstrom login complains that it was not shutdown properly and wants me to reset the cpu speed to a lower setting. Is there an improper exit when android is killed?

EDIT: I tried halt from the Android command prompt but it's worse. It switches off the Pandora without a shutdown, not just Android.

Hmm I've never seen that error message when killing Android..

Hmm I've never seen that error message when killing Android..

It's probably because I have the Pandora overclocked to 700MHz as default. If you have your Pandora on normal default speed at bootup it might not give the message but the possibly unclean Android shutdown might still be occurring.

Yeah I default to 600mhz, but generally overclock to 1Ghz when in Android.

Ah, right. Shan't be running this then! I only have 2 SD Cards, and I really don't want this to trash my stuff :)

You could just backup the data on the SD card you want to use. I did that with my regular second SD card when I made the video of Fruit Ninja/Angry Birds/Angry Birds Space, since I only had 3 SD cards (and the SD card I usually used for the Pandora didn't have a whole lot of space on it, not likely enough for the video).

But it doesn't seem to me it's erasing my cards due to "file/directory structure". In fact, it hasn't erased my cards at all. Are you sure it isn't due to the filesystem type, Neelix? All my cards are FAT32. Or maybe it's a problem that was fixed in r2?

Any advances on this at all then? I'd love to test this, as I have a hacked dumb-ish phone running Android, and would like to try it on the Pandora. However, I am nervous that I'll lose about 16GB of stuff off my 32GB SD Card. If it's still dodgy and prone to trashing cards then I'll give it a miss for now.

D.

Back