... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

As I've posted before, my (non-upgraded) preorder was with Craig's shop, 1 Oct 2008, 23:04 GMT, and no word of shipping -- I keep thinking it'll be "any day now".. or maybe Two Months. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1 octobre I presume it should be in anyday now... 5 octobre there and I'm hoping for a 2months delay...(as always?)

High time someone showed a picture of these silver Pandoras, isn't it? Can't be too hard.

As I've posted before, my (non-upgraded) preorder was with Craig's shop, 1 Oct 2008, 23:04 GMT, and no word of shipping -- I keep thinking it'll be "any day now".. or maybe Two Months. :)

1 Oct 2008, was the 1st day for the pre-orders wasn't it? :blink:

1 octobre I presume it should be in anyday now... 5 octobre there and I'm hoping for a 2months delay...(as always?)

You're giving me hope as i ordered mine in 2008 too... 4 octobre (if i consider confirmation mail but in fact i ordered before)... and upgraded (position 89)

... just kidding, no need for hope, in pandora i trust !

I was told that my 1 October 2008 order was set to ship in the NEXT batch of Pandoras Craig's store receives (not the one currently in transit)...

Of course that was before I decided to upgrade to the 1ghz model. I've waited this long, what's another Two Months?

You guys aren't shipping refurb units to long-time pre-orderers, are you? With all this priority given to whoever opens their wallet up the most, I'm starting to think I'm going to get someone's old board.

No, they are/will be sold in the trading section of this board. That's what happens to returned units or units with faults.

I'm planning to list a few fully working but returned units soon.

If we do this 1Ghz idea and have a number of old boards we will refurbish and sell those at a much cheaper cost.

Why sell apart if many people are waiting for years for a unit. sorry, i don't understand this.

Because, if they don't sell to new customers, they can't deliver to old ones as the money from the new units is needed to cover the costs for the old ones, that are sold at a loss.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Or did I misunderstand your question?

You guys aren't shipping refurb units to long-time pre-orderers, are you? With all this priority given to whoever opens their wallet up the most, I'm starting to think I'm going to get someone's old board.

No, they are/will be sold in the trading section of this board. That's what happens to returned units or units with faults.

If we do this 1Ghz idea and have a number of old boards we will refurbish and sell those at a much cheaper cost.

Why sell apart if many people are waiting for years for a unit. sorry, i don't understand this.

Because unlike some of you people, I'm not satisfied with a refurb. I don't care if it's been given a full once over. I expect as new a system as OPT is releasing. Hope I didn't misunderstand your statement.

Because unlike some of you people, I'm not satisfied with a refurb. I don't care if it's been given a full once over. I expect as new a system as OPT is releasing. Hope I didn't misunderstand your statement.
you're not going to get a refurb unit unless you specifically want one.

the unit you'll get will be 100%, brand new, german awesomeness.

So May's order shipping cost/confirmation emails will be sent out soon? I ordered mine on the 26th and cannot wait for it to arrive.

I'm baffled that people keep asking over and over why new preorders have to be served in order to ship old preorders.

I understood the explanation the first time I saw it.

I still ordered one despite knowing part of the price is used to cover the loss for honoring old preorders.

Or it could be that knowing I'd be helping long time waiters made me feel better about ordering...

Whos old preorder am I paying for anyway? I'll never know.

Back