... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

You guys aren't shipping refurb units to long-time pre-orderers, are you? With all this priority given to whoever opens their wallet up the most, I'm starting to think I'm going to get someone's old board.

^

What's been turned in for Refurb at this point? Nothing.

I wouldn't question EDs integrity, as he is a straight shooter.

Anything that may be refurbished may be the units Craig is salvaging, and he is clear to make the distinction and reduce the price. Quit trolling already.

You guys aren't shipping refurb units to long-time pre-orderers, are you? With all this priority given to whoever opens their wallet up the most, I'm starting to think I'm going to get someone's old board.

No, they are/will be sold in the trading section of this board. That's what happens to returned units or units with faults.

I'm planning to list a few fully working but returned units soon.

If we do this 1Ghz idea and have a number of old boards we will refurbish and sell those at a much cheaper cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

What's been turned in for Refurb at this point? Nothing.

I wouldn't question EDs integrity, as he is a straight shooter.

Anything that may be refurbished may be the units Craig is salvaging, and he is clear to make the distinction and reduce the price. Quit trolling already.

I don't really see the trolling? It's an honest concern which was completely removed by Craigs answer.

^

Looking at page 6 of this thread is what brought the word troll to mind.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and perhaps that means those who wait the longest without paying the upgrade price will get the most bang for their dollar. You can't buy back the time though. If there wasn't money coming in with new sales, we wouldn't be having this conversation about a DM3730, 512MB RAM, or a ReBirth Edition Pandora.

Apologies for bringing up that evil letter T from Rogue.

^

Looking at page 6 of this thread is what brought the word troll to mind.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and perhaps that means those who wait the longest without paying the upgrade price will get the most bang for their dollar. You can't buy back the time though. If there wasn't money coming in with new sales, we wouldn't be having this conversation about a DM3730, 512MB RAM, or a ReBirth Edition Pandora.

Apologies for bringing up that evil letter T from Rogue.

I understand you point of view looking back at page six although I'm still happy Craig posted a clear answer so we can now point towards page eleven if it pops up again. :)

With the DM3730 cat being out of the bag I hope people will be continue ordering the (now suddenly) "old" one and keep the cash flow going. I know I'll be happily not checking my mail for a message that it's been sent as I'd rather be number 801 (I think I remember 800 "old" chips remaining) and I think I have a pretty good chance of having at least that number of people in front of me being a january/february 2010 batch1 UK pre order. Funny how that suddenly changed from a bad thing to a good thing. :p

The doubling of the ram and the faster chip will mean that I'll upgrade and do my bit in easing the financial pain for OPT as soon as they are able to send me a unit the moment I pay. Getting into a new queue would be much too frustrating for me.

Ed, any estimate at all when I'm likely to get my old pre-order? I ordered from Craig on January 2009. Someone mentioned January 2009 pre-orders were due to get

their pandoras around the end of May - is this still the case? and will I be receiving an email before the unit is shipped out - thanks in advance :)

TV Cables.....?!?

Are they ever going to happen.....? I placed an order for mine years ago (when I ordered my Pandora) - if everyone did what I did... then that a lot of $1,000's...

EvilDragon: I know the priority is to get the new Pandora's out - can you promise us that the TV cables will be made soon..?!

....just can't wait to play IREM's Dragon Breed on a big screen tellie....

As production is now running pretty well and we got 5000 cases, etc. from China, I'm now concentrating more on the TV Out Cables as well as resurrection of CC PCBs.

As production is now running pretty well and we got 5000 cases, etc. from China, I'm now concentrating more on the TV Out Cables as well as resurrection of CC PCBs.
Ah yes the fabled tv out cables.should be fun to use that when they are available.

Ed, any estimate at all when I'm likely to get my old pre-order? I ordered from Craig on January 2009. Someone mentioned January 2009 pre-orders were due to get

their pandoras around the end of May - is this still the case? and will I be receiving an email before the unit is shipped out - thanks in advance :)

of course, it was told by craig and ED and ED assure us nothing can happen to delay this

Hmmm, maybe not that soon. Someone just posted the other day on Craigs thread that he recieved his unit that he ordered on the 2nd of Oct 08. If I remember correctly the vast majority of preorders were in the 1st/2nd of Oct. from then to Jan 09 can't be a huge number, but I can't see them getting there this week. We've got a wee bitty longer wait ahead of us.

EvilDragon should write a book about how to make a handheld, all these unpredictable stories will make a good read.

If he had spare time that is... -_-

A book isn't necessary I think.

It would be enough for a good reading, if someone collects all those great stories by ED and puts them into one document.

Maybe spiced with some facts and figures in between, reflecting the then current state of the project.

Back