An almost naked Pyra

I don't think anybody expects the Pyra to fit into a pocket comfortably anyway with a 6'' screen, in the end it's about less baggage and whether it's comfortable to hold and to type with thumbs.
I actually carry my 9 inch Nook HD+ with a keyboard case in my pocket.

I bet that the Pyra will have longer Battery runtime than the GPD WIN. Both have an 6000mAh Battery.

So do I, but we don't know the exact answer until both tested.

Intel Atom x5 used in GDP has 4 times more integration than OMAP 5, so both, running the same emulator (each in its SO) may be better for GDP even with 0,5 inches bigger screen and more RAM. In any way, with Pyra we can change wasted battery, insert a fresh one and double battery life :) (GDP has fixed battery).

Obviusly, if you are running Windows hungry programs in GDP, I think it would lose.
[doublepost=1457199530,1457198624][/doublepost]
As long as the driver works and is fast, I actualy don't care if it's open or closed. Not every open source solution is automaticly faster than the closed...

The 1st and more important problem for me isn't speed but availability for different Linux kernel version.

I prefer less speed but to have driver in different and next Linux Kernel.

If I have a fast but closed driver only available for one kernel version, and not for tomorrow kernel version (if it is closed near nobody can update or made driver for new kernel) I am not happy.

.. it really seems they forgot this...does the GPD WIN really has no Backlit Keyboard? *searching*
I could live with non replacable battery and only one SD slot but backlit keyboard is a must!

So do I: I can't live without repleacable battery -a gadget without battery is dead- and without backlit keyboard -I used a Zaurus w/o backlit in keyboard and I remember how disappointment it was-.
[doublepost=1457200190][/doublepost]
FWIW, I've coped fine with my Pandora keyboard, and many years of non-self lit keyboards only by the glow of the CRT at times. So the lack of backlight is not a showstopper for me at least.

... But I don't see anything inherently wrong with the outside of the [GDP] design at least.

I didn't had problems with my PCs w/o keyboard backlit, even in CRT era, because PC was in a fixed place with adequate light. On the other side, a lot of years ago I had problems with my Zaurus SL-C1000 and SL-C3200 because they didn't have backlit keyboard. The reason is that we use this pocket items in much more places where we used CRT computers, and on some of them light isn't adequate to see keyboard keys.

About GDP design: I like it has the same keys than a PC (w/o numerical module and reusing numbers keys for function keys) but really I think that its keys are wrong: small keys glued together, without separation/space between, is a bad design. If keys are small, always is better to have same space between each key.

Back