Release Amiga Racer for the Pandora (Commercial Game)

Checked out the website and I must say, I am hooked. I might be "weak" enough to get the Collector's Edition Digital over or after this weekend :) I like the "live update" feature and the "plenty of tracks" aspect. And Amigatec´s dedication.

The car animation looks pretty bad though... I understand it's a budget game, but still. The old Lotus still looks better.

And the way the car stops at the end of the race, in just one second, in front of the supporters, looks extremely off-putting. Does not even remotely look like driving.

Indeed, pnd runs well :) I suggest first time players to change "accelerating" to X rather than "up", takes only a minute to do :)

Hi all :)

I played the Pandora version a little today. Here are my first impressions:

Things that could be better:

- no widescreen support (could this be achieved with notaz' improved SDL ? )
- way too easy (OK, I played Lotus 2 to death on my Minimig :p )
- only two tracks by default
- vehicles just appear out of thin air at the beginning of a race
- particle effects (smoke / clouds would look better)
- no collisions with off the road objects
- I agree with @ekianjo : it doesn't (yet) feel like driving, and the end of the race is weird

Things that are already great:

+ overall presentation
+ runs very well on the Pandora !
+ great soundtrack
+ live updates / @AmigaTec 's dedication :)
+ track editor / Amigatec Cloud

Since this is WIP, it'll get better with time :) I can see a lot of potential in this game, this is why I'm supporting it !

@AmigaTec : keep up the good work Mike ! :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi ED :)
Eh? Isn't that the limitation of the Demo version?
Well, I'm playing the registered version, and there are only two tracks available (Florida and Bavaria).
Maybe I'm doing something wrong though...

EDIT: @AmigaTec : I have just fixed my AmigaRacerMorph.lha issue btw :D I used that little package I'm working on at the moment to extract the files on the Pandora, made a *.tar.gz out of them and sent the archive to the iBook G4 running MorphOS (just as you once told me to, except you told me to use a Windows machine, which I don't have :p ) ! Now I'm playing the registered version on 3 different platforms: GNU / Linux x86_64 (Debian 8), PPC (MorphOS 3.9) and ARM (Open Pandora) :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Hi all !

@AmigaTec has updated Amiga Racer to version 3.72 :)

Screenshot-02.png

New PND is available here.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back