Amiga Emulation

LE-GONKSTER

Still Fresh
Hi everyone, hope you all had an excellent Christmas.

I am looking for a Commodore Amiga emulator for the GP32, but am having no luck with the normal websites.

Anyone out there got one ?

(I have lots of games/applications etc for the Amiga, but no emulator !!!!)

Thanks for your help.

I don't know what it is about the amiga, but it seems to many that it is too complex to emulate on the GP32. Its a pity really, but around 80% of the games can be found on other systems from the same time (in some cases with a slightly higher graphical ability (but only for the pre A1200 games. A1200 pwned all)), so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
But yeah, its a pity i can't find a use for my 10GB of amiga stuff.

markusdragon posted on Dec 26 2004 at 04:50 PM said:
but around 80% of the games can be found on other systems from the same time (in some cases with a slightly higher graphical ability

:rolleyes:

You have to be kidding right? 80%??? worse gfx than the same games on other systems of the time???

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on Dec 26 2004 at 06:43 PM said:
:lol: it's cos of betty, nora thora etc.-the custom chips

Mmmmmm, Yeah! Their too busy making the tea. <_<

Its actually paula, Agnus and Denise on the A500 atleast.

Trooper

A lot of games are available on other system that are VERY similar to the Amiga versions.

Speedball 2 on castaway is superb. Exactly like the Amiga version save for some sampled sounds.

Megalomania on DrMD. Perfect version again except for sampled voices.

Dungeon Keeper on Castaway.

There are loads more too.

Have a look on Gamefaqs.com and check out the Genesis reviews and screenies. There will be more than a few of your favorites pop up I'm sure.

Just a couple of games not avalable on any other systen emulated by the GP32.

Fire & Ice
Alien breed (The top down 2d versions)
Cadaver
Clockwiser
Coala
Hired guns
Superfrog
Rodland
The Settlers
Space hulk
Syndicate (The proper version)
Walker
X-out
Z-out

Trooper

Fire & Ice
Alien breed (The top down 2d versions)
Cadaver
Superfrog
The Settlers
Space hulk
Syndicate
X-out

this are actually all my fave amiga games all taken from the list you write, i honestly think if i could play amiga 500/1200/cd32 games on my gp32 i would nerver put it down, mabye once a wekk to use te toilet and eat somthing. :p :p

trooper posted on Dec 27 2004 at 01:57 AM said:
Just a couple of games not avalable on any other systen emulated by the GP32.

Fire & Ice
Cadaver
Rodland
Walker
X-out
Z-out

Don't know about the other games, but these DO exist for the Atari ST.
Don't know if they're good (as I, too, was an Amiga guy) nor if they work on Castaway, but they do exist.

Last edited:
I was playing Rodland through Castaway on my GP32 last night.

Quite a nice game, and a lot better than the Commodore 64 version I've played previously.... but one of the intro screens was missing.

As Amiga emulation is pretty much accepted as nigh on impossible on the GP32, perhaps we need remakes (ormports subject to source code) of the few Amiga specific games we lack instead...

®

Shirohagen posted on Dec 27 2004 at 09:45 AM said:
As Amiga emulation is pretty much accepted as nigh on impossible on the GP32, perhaps we need remakes (ormports subject to source code) of the few Amiga specific games we lack instead...

®

Just Syndicate is enough, if nothing else just syndicate! :(

Isn't there a Genesis/Snes version of Syndicate? How different is it?

Not that it matters that much to me; i wasn't really into Syndicate. Its about the only Peter Molyneux game I'm not interested in (actually, anoother is magic carpet, but that's not the point).

I wouldn't mind Dungeon Keeper be ported over or even remade, but the problem is finding source code.... Bullfrog (who also made Syndicate) was bought by EA, so naturally, I doubt they'll be giving anything away soon.

Amiga would rock. Is there even a good emu for PC??

I love:
Heimdall (sp?)
Ruff'n'Tumble

And then there was this one which was 3/4 top view of a little robot that looked a little like C3PO from starwars, which was really good graphics. I believe it had levels on a pool table, and another on a soccer field type thing. Anyone know what that game was called?

For a dynamite Amiga emu on the PC, you can't go wrong with WinUAE. Love it, and I get some really good fullspeed action on my laptop (850 MHz P3 mobile) Various OS' compatible, Almost full emulation of all chips and custom subprocessors. Emulates from the stock 68000 chip up to the 68040.

yes.
www.winuae.net

it's near perfect and finally reaching version 1.0. after looooong times of improvements. it has awesome flexible compatibility (which sometimes get frustrating because of lots of options) but there are downloadable config files for games and apps.

Back