Amgia Aga For Pandora?

GonzoUK

Still Fresh
Hi,

I see the Amiga will be emulated on the Pandora and now with a keyboard it really will open the market more for people to buy ones of these. Anyway will the Amiga AGA be possible on the Pandora?

I remember a game called Exile AGA that was amazing and it had so many keyboard functions. Thing is I have the game files onmy PC ready, but have no keyboard instructions :S

Squidge said:
Gonzouk said:
will the Amiga AGA be possible on the Pandora?
Yes. It's also possible on the GP2X.

I sure need one now! hopefully out soon!

Did the GP2x f200 do AGA/CD32?

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Gonzouk said:
will the Amiga AGA be possible on the Pandora?
Yes. It's also possible on the GP2X.

But was it done on GP2X? I don't remember seeing it.

I hope it comes out (on Pandora) with an option to allocate more memory to Amiga RAM (I'll need more than the standard 2MB)

AGA emulation should be great, for me it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to. I saw my Amiga in the loft the other day - but it's just too big to get down and set up these days, having an amiga 1200 the size of the Pandora used to be a dream of mine.

I had a temp job diagnosing and fixing Amiga 1200 main boards way back when! Very cool machines, the design was really ingenious.

I especially liked how there were separate buses on either side of the AGA chipset, one for the AGA chips and one for the CPU (a 68EC020 IIRC). I remember on the unexpanded model the processor used to borrow some of the video RAM (well, media RAM) by bridging through one of the AGA chips (I've forgotten their names I'm afraid).

*But*, if you added CPU-side RAM the machine could run much faster because the CPU and the AGA chips each had their own RAM on their own bus, instead of the CPU having to wait all the time for little bits of leftover bandwidth when the AGA chips weren't drawing the display or playing sounds.

It was a very clever way (for the time) to allow the base machine to be produced at a reasonable cost whilst boosting performance as well as memory capacity if you splashed out on a RAM expansion.

B)

I think FastRAM (as opposed to ChipRAM) already existed in the Amiga 1000 :)
There's no doubt the Amiga HW was a piece of art!

Firefox said:
I only ever worked on the 1200, but it doesn't surprise me that the earlier generation of Amigas had the same basic architecture. :)

I loved my 1200, I played Exile AGA, Syndicate Wars AGA!! Just loved them, to be able to play them again will be so good.

Other games I loved and will play again, when I get a Pandora or GPX2 are:

Turricans
Kick Off games
Last Ninja's
Monkey Islands
Flash Back

I could play them on this laptop, but to have a sole device to do all of this, plus MAME, C64, SNES, Megadrive sounds amazing!

I had an original Amiga 1000 with 1080 monitor.

It was so wonderful... especially back in 84/85. Sadly, it's all gone now. All I have left is the monitor and it's dying.

But yeah, I will definitely use the Pandora for some Amiga emulation.

Prophet said:
I had an original Amiga 1000 with 1080 monitor.

It was so wonderful... especially back in 84/85. Sadly, it's all gone now. All I have left is the monitor and it's dying.

But yeah, I will definitely use the Pandora for some Amiga emulation.
One device for all, though I#m still looking at my old laptop to start using emulators with.

Here's some Amiga trivia for you, the original A500 motherboard had B52/Rock Lobster etched onto it. One of the designers was obviously a fan :).

Addition: Click HERE to see an image of it, it's just below the Agnus chip.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Here's some Amiga trivia for you, the original A500 motherboard had B52 Rock Lobster etched onto it. One of the designers was obviously a fan :)
An image is worth a thousand words: click me.

I guess this is well known, but the Amiga 1000 had the signatures of all the Amiga designers actually molded into the underside of the casing.

You had to take the computer apart to see it (which I did one day for some reason and found the signatures by accident). It blew me away at the time, and at first I thought I'd somehow gotten some special edition Amiga or something.

I miss those days when new computers had such unique personalities, both inside and outside.

Prophet said:
I miss those days when new computers had such unique personalities, both inside and outside.
Those days could be here again ;)

Back