Amgia Aga For Pandora?

gnostic, good to see you are still around :) i take it there might be more you could tell us? ;) i have very fond memories playing slam tilt aga, would be great to fire it up on a pandora.

This is why I come to this forum everyday. My A1200 with 6MB Ram, 28MHz '020 accel (wow! eh?) and 512MB HD (wow! again...) still has pride of place. I have cloned it on my laptop using UAE...

Now if I could clone it onto a Pandora... *drools*... with virtual harddrive full of WHDLoad games, mounting a linux directory as another harddrive... DPaint in my pocket... A full keyboard... touch screen mouse...

I need a cold shower.

sabregolly said:
This is why I come to this forum everyday. My A1200 with 6MB Ram, 28MHz '020 accel (wow! eh?) and 512MB HD (wow! again...) still has pride of place. I have cloned it on my laptop using UAE...

Now if I could clone it onto a Pandora... *drools*... with virtual harddrive full of WHDLoad games, mounting a linux directory as another harddrive... DPaint in my pocket... A full keyboard... touch screen mouse...

I need a cold shower.
I have got an A1200 (kick 3.1, with a 4GB-compact flash hard drive (what the eeepc does, does my amiga too) loaded with wb 3.1 + tons of whdload games and demos, 32 MB Ram, Blizzard 1230 accelerator, plus a compact flash adapter in the pcmcia slot (still looking for a ppc accelerator, but this will always be too expensive, I guess)

besides that I have got a handy A600 with 2 MB chip ram + 4 MB SRAM (in the PCMCIA Slot), 512 MB CF Hard Disk with WB 2.1 + tons of ECS/OCS-Games (still looking for an Apollo 630 accelerator)

however, a decent amiga-emulation with HDD support on the pandora would be nice.

EDIT: I have doubts that the speed of the pandora will be enough for cloning your accelerated a1200

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Hirolaser said:
Could we have perfect C64 first please?
Don't we have that already?

No. Theres a sound delay so all your games are out of sync in vice and frodo doesnt play all the games

As long as I can play classics like;

Pinball Fantasies /Illusions AGA
Hunter (Oh yes!)
Supercars 2
Sensible Soccer
Simon The Sorceror AGA
Bansee AGA
Super Stardust AGA
Roadkill AGA
Payback AGA (Wonder how fast 1200 emulation can be as this is very slow on 020 machine!)
Super Skidmarks AGA
etc etc
The Amiga is was my favourite machine of all time, so with the Analogue sticks for mouse control and keyboard makes the Pandora a must have machine for me!

I still have a working A1200 and a dismantled dead A4000 thats going to landfill soon.

But regarding the Pandora, I have to admit I am as excited by it as I was about the Amiga
when I saw the first A500 running boing.

Roll on production!

I'd thought I'll add this to this thread instead of making a new one since it's about roughly the same thing....

I've had a quick look and can't find any mention of CD32 support for UAE for GP2X, is it Critical who ported it? What's the chances of this now being supported if not already for the Pandora?
Plus i don't want any replies just saying AGA is supported just use A1200 games! If i wanted that i wouldn't have asked!
Anyway the CD32 has few decent exclusives of itself plus extra audio tracks in games and speech in talkie adventures i.e Simon The Sorceror, Captive 2 etc

Any info greatly appreciated if this is possible otherwise I'll have to d/l the A1200 versions.

chaos engineer said:
sabregolly said:

I need a cold shower.
I have got an A1200 (kick 3.1, with a 4GB-compact flash hard drive (what the eeepc does, does my amiga too) loaded with wb 3.1 + tons of whdload games and demos, 32 MB Ram, Blizzard 1230 accelerator, plus a compact flash adapter in the pcmcia slot (still looking for a ppc accelerator, but this will always be too expensive, I guess)

besides that I have got a handy A600 with 2 MB chip ram + 4 MB SRAM (in the PCMCIA Slot), 512 MB CF Hard Disk with WB 2.1 + tons of ECS/OCS-Games (still looking for an Apollo 630 accelerator)

however, a decent amiga-emulation with HDD support on the pandora would be nice.

EDIT: I have doubts that the speed of the pandora will be enough for cloning your accelerated a1200

Sounds a nice set up... The PCMCIA slot on the KS2+ miggies seemed pointless at the time, but 15 years on... a godsend! The A600 was such a cute machine... If space was no object, I'd try to get hold of another one :).

A1200 Trapdoor accelerators are *so* difficult to get hold of now, and bloody expensive.

Although I hope the Pandora might be able to 'emulate' above the 14MHz of the stock 68020. From what I've read, the hard bits to emulate are the custom chips; Denise, Obese Agnus etc... So hopefully once they are done, the rest of the clock cycles can make the 680x0 go as fast as it can, and let WHDload sort the timing out where required.

Pinball Illusions ftw! With flippers mapped to the shoulder buttons, and tilt to the dpad... Just a pity 'Slamtilt' doesn't work under UAE :-( - It's even better.

You have no idea how excited I am about this prospect...

foleyjo said:
Squidge said:
Hirolaser said:
Don't we have that already?

No. Theres a sound delay so all your games are out of sync in vice and frodo doesnt play all the games

Also games in Vice pause every few seconds which makes them unplayable.

@sabregolly: hope you are right what the emulation of turbo cards concerns. the qualitiy of the amiga emulation will be decisive whether to buy a pandora or not (...hmm, to be honest, I guess I will buy it anyway)

Hirolaser said:
Also games in Vice pause every few seconds which makes them unplayable.
you can sort that on most games by changing the sid settings and overclocking.

GnoStiC said:
not until vice 1.23 is officialy released on www.viceteam.org

please note that i'm also a mentalist/magician, i've tv show every thursday and it takes 3-4 days of my week. :rolleyes:

Hirolaser said:

I did mean on the Pandora and not on GP2X btw

Anyone play Datastorm back in the day?

I LOVED that game. Would love to play it on Pandora.

Was there ever a sequel? I seem to recall some talk about one, but not sure it ever happened.

Prophet said:
Anyone play Datastorm back in the day?

I LOVED that game. Would love to play it on Pandora.

Was there ever a sequel? I seem to recall some talk about one, but not sure it ever happened.
This one? Datastorm
I can't find any info on a sequel though.

jaycee900 said:
This one? Datastorm
I can't find any info on a sequel though.

Yes - brilliant Defender clone! Looked completely amazing on the wondeful Amiga monitor.

IIRC the game itself had some sort of sequel mentioned, maybe on the credits screen? But I guess it never happened.

GnoStiC said:
please note that i'm also a mentalist/magician, i've tv show every thursday and it takes 3-4 days of my week.
That is so freakin' cool :ph34r:

Back