Amaricas Entering A Possable Second Depression.

Classic Team

Website
classicteam.110mb.com
As some people here may or may not know, Amarica's Stock dropped a ton after a very large company fell into backrupcy. This has costed tons of buissnesses that had stock, money, loans, etc in the company, and because of it theyre now dropping like flys. This could mean a second Amarican Depression (the first was around the 1920's). I understand this may not effect much out side of the 'States, but those who are will be struck with a lot more problems. Its going to cost more money to do a lot of things. Food. Clothing. I can barely afford this stuff already! It may mean connections with Amarica will be smaller, Things comming out of the US and websites in the US will be going down.

I don't want so much to discuss why this happened, but maybe what we should do. All they've really done is argued about how it happened and what should be done next, no real action has been taken. Another thing I'd like to discuss, Is how you think this can effect you and your life style. I know this may mean less meals out, less goods to play with for me.

Anyhow.... Discuss.

(BTW, This was all cuz I am bored....and thought I should mention this.)

I don't know if you're American or not, but I'm not sure if you have a concrete grasp on what's going on at the moment.

Firstly, many companies here have failed. AIG, Lehman Bros., Merrill Lynch, Bear Stearns, etc. More are on the way out. Many people are blaming the sub-prime morgage crisis because of this. The problem is much more complex than "a company went bankrupt and now the US is failing".

Secondly, this IS affecting, and will CONTINUE to affect, the entire world. Like it or not, the US has one of the largest economic impacts on other nations in the world. You wouldn't believe how many foreign nations hold stock in our enterprises.

Thirdly, nothing CAN be done to fix this. Economies of Scale have the unique ability to repair themselves. Consider a massive change when our excellent president is removed from power :). Housing crises are expected to lessen by early to mid 2009.

Yes, this is a very scary time for many people around the world. Gas is killing me, personally. $70 per week to fill it up is rough. People in the UK are reportedly paying more. The best you can hope for is a change in our policies regarding oil. We need to remove the crutch on foreign oil, and fast.

waffles said:
Sell all your stuff, buy a gun, food, bunker, pandora, and 100gb of PSX games.
lol... "Fuck the kids honey, we just need lots of videogames in the bunker!"

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
People in the UK are reportedly paying more.
We are. for petrol, gas and electricity, and they're still continuing to hike prices. (i'm still gonna afford a :pandora1: somehow tho! ;) )

For those who havent seen it already, check out the Zeitgeist movie at www.zeitgeistmovie.com for an eye opening look at the American banking system.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Yes, this is a very scary time for many people around the world. Gas is killing me, personally. $70 per week to fill it up is rough. People in the UK are reportedly paying more. The best you can hope for is a change in our policies regarding oil. We need to remove the crutch on foreign oil, and fast.
Yeah, it's times like these that I'm happy to live and work in the heart of the city. I've hardly driven at all in the last month, and it's saved me $50-60 a week in gas. I think I'm going to save all that and take a vacation this winter. B)

geo12: Sorry, I'm not checking my spelling. I'm not trying to win you over with fancy words and other things I don't need to get my message out, I'm almost sure you understood what I was talking about.

daclassicgamingmaster: I understand tons of companies are really passing out. It's sort of a chain reaction. I don't know everything that's going on, Just what I catch while my parents are on the News channel.

I understand It will effect the entire world, just not exactly sure how. I've never lived through anything like this before, so I'm very inexperianced. I don't beleave anything can be done to STOP this chain reaction, but I do beleave we can slow it down. from what I've heard so far, I've only heard them arguing about who did it and what they can do to slow down whats started.

waffles: That's how I'd live my life in a difforent country. :D

All I can hear now is the TV going "BlahBlahBlah" 24/7.... I'm not fond of politics.

And yes, I'm sure I don't have a deep understanding on how this will change the world. I donno much about other country's, or how the economy works. Just that theres "Supply and demand", etc, etc...

Classic Team said:
geo12: Sorry, I'm not checking my spelling. I'm not trying to win you over with fancy words and other things I don't need to get my message out, I'm almost sure you understood what I was talking about.
Firefox has a built-in spell checker that underlines in red all misspelled words :)

This has been awhile coming, and if you think it's bad now, just wait ;)

btw Zeitgeist is an awesome movie ;) Also checkout Esoteric Agenda...

What I don't understand is how American's (and more exactly, their ruling class) doesn't realize what has to be done... instead they trod along in their self defeatist footsteps to their death ;) Unfortunately they're gonna drag people like me (Canadians), and Mexicans with them by bringing in this whole American Union garbage :S

Then and again, if their controlling class didn't benefit monetarily from their citizens suffering it'd probably be a different story...

Wonder if they'll put McCain Fries, Obama Sin Laden or Hilary "Clit"on in charge of their country next, or if Bush'll pull a power move just in time to revoke his loss of power and establish a fascist dictatorial system...

Yup. You know the addendum part is being released in October hooka?

fade said:
Yup. You know the addendum part is being released in October hooka?

What a silly trailer. No wonder they are giving it away for free. It looks like a video that those crazy 911 conspiratione would make.

Anyway, I made 39% on my investment from yesterday, so there are some good things with the market.

Zeitgeist movie sucks, I like "Six-String Samurai" movie much more.

just need to heat up your economy with some nuclear explosions. Who will miss a few states :p

Hooka said:
Wonder if they'll put McCain Fries, Obama Sin Laden or Hilary "Clit"on in charge of their country next, or if Bush'll pull a power move just in time to revoke his loss of power and establish a fascist dictatorial system...
Do you actually think that Bush is actually interested in doing this, much less would actually be capable of pulling it off?

Exophase said:
Hooka said:
Do you actually think that Bush is actually interested in doing this, much less would actually be capable of pulling it off?

haha yeah, you'd actually need to have a brain for that :lol:

People in the US had better start spending less than they earn. We used to save 10% of our income and now the average is zero. That is insanity.

Senor Quack said:
People in the US had better start spending less than they earn. We used to save 10% of our income and now the average is zero. That is insanity.
I'm on it, chief! I don't rely on credit at all, and I don't understand how people do this so they can get all their fancy crap they don't need. My spending habits are very conservative. Unfortunately I'm not employed right now, so technically I'm spending infinitely more than I earn, but that should change soon.

I had a girlfriend who once had a goal to "live slightly outside of her means." This was actually a considerable step up from how she was living.

daclassicgamingmaster; hurhur yeah only dem smart presidunts culd hav taken over deh country!!

Back