Am I Famous Then?

WizardStan said:
So, forgive me for not knowing, but what is it you've written that's got Fatih in such a tizzy?

Not Fatih - a friend of his that met up and had a play on the Pandora (he isn't too impressed with it, btw, but he does say that the analogue controls are really nice) uses ZXSpin, my speccy emulator. He wants it translating to Turkish, and pesters me about it many times a day.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
WizardStan said:
So, forgive me for not knowing, but what is it you've written that's got Fatih in such a tizzy?

Not Fatih - a friend of his that met up and had a play on the Pandora (he isn't too impressed with it, btw, but he does say that the analogue controls are really nice) uses ZXSpin, my speccy emulator. He wants it translating to Turkish, and pesters me about it many times a day.

D.

Did his friend post a story about his experiences online somewhere?

Dunny said:
mfk said:
This one is mine. ;)

Unfortunately it looks like I have to finish the "localiztion" now...
D.
helollo!

lol, I was in a hurry, testing the unit, I didn't figure out that I missed a letter :) (we are generating pandoru subculture there, come on!)

btw. is donskeeto still here?

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Dunny said:
Not Fatih - a friend of his that met up and had a play on the Pandora (he isn't too impressed with it, btw, but he does say that the analogue controls are really nice)..
What exactly wasn't he impressed with?
Just curious :)

Ofcourse he's impressed! But it seems he's trying to look cool. :p

mfk said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
Dunny said:
Not Fatih - a friend of his that met up and had a play on the Pandora (he isn't too impressed with it, btw, but he does say that the analogue controls are really nice)..
What exactly wasn't he impressed with?
Just curious :)

Ofcourse he's impressed! But it seems he's trying to look cool. :p

I shouldn't do this, but... my IRC log - it's his impression of the Pandora, and I think it's fair. He has actually used one.

[21:48] <ref_laptop> eheh, keys are a bit unresponsive, I didn't realized that I missed "A" key
[21:49] <ref_laptop> but the analog controllers are perfect :D
[21:50] <ref_laptop> and usb ports are very funcitonal. I tested my generic GPRS usb modem, and it detected it and used it, nice.
[21:50] <ref_laptop> and multimedia funcitons are working perfectly.
[21:51] <ref_laptop> but screen is a bit saturated and low-contrast.

And no, I'm not sure what would cause something to be "funcitonal", though I am informed that it means that something is coloured in a trippy way, like tie-dye. A "funciton" is a measurement of weight in Turkey, I think - we would probably call them "groovy tonnes" in England.

D.

Dunny said:
And no, I'm not sure what would cause something to be "funcitonal"...
Does it pass a the horizontal line test?

Dunny said:
I shouldn't do this, but... my IRC log - it's his impression of the Pandora, and I think it's fair. He has actually used one.

[21:48] <ref_laptop> eheh, keys are a bit unresponsive, I didn't realized that I missed "A" key
[21:49] <ref_laptop> but the analog controllers are perfect :D
[21:50] <ref_laptop> and usb ports are very funcitonal. I tested my generic GPRS usb modem, and it detected it and used it, nice.
[21:50] <ref_laptop> and multimedia funcitons are working perfectly.
[21:51] <ref_laptop> but screen is a bit saturated and low-contrast.

And no, I'm not sure what would cause something to be "funcitonal", though I am informed that it means that something is coloured in a trippy way, like tie-dye. A "funciton" is a measurement of weight in Turkey, I think - we would probably call them "groovy tonnes" in England.

D.
It was beta software and who doesn't type wrong all the time, that's what backspace is for. :)
Of course it may not be absolutely perfect, but I doubt it'll bother too many people anyway. Everyone else who has used it(the devs + Balzac2m) said that typing is pretty good, so maybe he just needed to get used to it/had a bad unit.

Exophase said:
Turkey is not a southern country.
Since I live in Canada, Turkey is for me a southern country, as is any other country that borders the Mediterranean (or receives large numbers of seasonal visitors from colder countries during the winter)... the point is, it is far more sunny than where I live, and many screens look washed out in the sun.

Esn said:
Exophase said:
Turkey is not a southern country.
Since I live in Canada, Turkey is for me a southern country, as is any other country that borders the Mediterranean... the point is, it is far more sunny than where I live, so presumably they have more problems with screens looking washed out.

Well played, fellow Canadian.

Turkey is actually on the latitudes of Maryland and Virginia.

Alec  said:
Turkey is actually on the latitudes of Maryland and Virginia.

Well, can't read too much into that, the UK is on the same latitude as Siberia.

Back