Aluminium Case being made!

No at the moment there is only this thread. So that it is known how many people are interessted in such a case.

I imagine black will look something like
goprobulletmountarmour.jpg

The colour anyways. Thats with groves in one direction, which is good for friction when you want to hold onto it.

Here is a finer black finish

Z-LEICA-T-FRONT-BLACK-L.JPG

And finally a flat alu one

highres-Leica-T-Typ-701-Aluminium-43_1398341718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My LCD cable just failed, so I'll wait for these to come before sending my unit for repairs.

@rygD : My apologies, was in provocative *hyperfeministradicalfuzzy* mode when making those posts ;)

For the humour... notice how I criticise humanity for being stereotypically conditioned, yet I began my tirade with a blanket statement towards the male gender which was nothing more than a crude and basal stereotype.

While we could probably find a fair number of males that have all those qualities, I believe that those that don't fit in that narrow minded definition far far outweigh those that do... and even those that do will have other qualities that once viewed in perspective... Will actually show the immaturity and superficiality resides within my own perspectives, and what I was actually doing was making a foolish spectacle of myself... that is, if I *wasn't* aware of what I was doing. But I was.

;)

=~. O =

FaeMinx, I got where you were coming from.  I have friends who feel similarly to you.  I used to when I was about half my age, but I wasn't dealing with some of what others, including yourself, have to go through.  I was lucky in some sense because I was inoculated against assholes a bit as a child.  Or maybe I became a bigger asshole.  You were right, though, groups of male humans are a pretty sorry bunch, but that is because most groups of humans suck.

To support your point that you seem to be apologizing for (and don't, I am neither offended, nor have I lost any respect for you) certain groups of guys do seem to get even more idiotic when they are together, in my experience.  I suspect that if some of us here were to get together we would be kinda nerdy, but I don't know how differently we would act because of the group.  That was a jab at all you other nerds out there.   I know what I am trying to say, but I can't think of the words right now.  Anyway, herd mentality, sheep, etc, blah blah.

Oh, and regarding foolish behaviour, you might as well make the most of it while you can.  I can only imagine what I seem like to the rest of the world.

Back on topic a bit, I am really considering the black case now.  Since my Pandora is a Classic something seems right about putting it back into the color it started out in.  I don't know how big this black plastic wifi window is going to be, or what it will look like, so maybe black is the safer bet for that, too.  Then again, the black window may make it look even more interesting and utilitarian, which is a good look imo, so maybe grey.  They really do need to give us only one choice, or pictures, or just take our money.  I tried putting it in the USB ports, but nothing happened

Preordering at the shop will be prepared today. Prepare for that...
Wait, no, damn...I need more money.  How long do we have, or is it the first 100 get them?  I was expecting this to happen slightly later.

I assume when you preorder the case, you'll preorder the "change your case for you service"?
Since I only have 1 Pandora I can't be without it for that long.  Worst case scenario I screw something up bad and have to order parts and they get here in half the time I would be without if I sent it in for a case swap.

Edit:  You are much closer to Germany than I am, though.

will we get some rendering of this case? more specifically of that wifi plastic window?

@elwing

The Rendering can only be shown when the case has been update, which will only happen when the 100+ preoders happens.

Will the case do anything to prevent shoulder button damage?  I've dropped my Pandoras and broken the shoulder buttons several times.  It seems like if anything the aluminum case, being heavier, would only make the problem worse.

Not that that would dissuade me from ordering one, mind you.

Back