All Refunds Not Sent Yet

Actually, no - that post states that the emails are being done by hand and that they may be "out of sync" with the refunds (something I've already read). Five days "out of sync" pretty much means they were being sent out after they stated they had finished doing so.

It strongly implies (if outright states) that GP2X are the ones doing the emails and hence that they are responsible for it coming five days after giving the all clear. Hence, my question stands...

you guys better be careful, or you'll get moderated like me. They dont want any more questions..........................................

I have not received an email, I would like a confirmation notice on my current status.
My mother is weary on what is going on and wants to know where we stand in all of this. I have posted a message alike this one, I am sure it can be done by a database compare with the status on refunded or not and have an automatic email sent. I think other pre-orderee's would like the same info on where they individually stand. I UNDERSTAND that you guys are working practically 18 hours a day, but a notice on the current situation on the current, individual basis would be nice. Heck, if you give me a table of fake data(just fill ins so I can work with it) I will code it in PHP with MySQL and you can enter in the database connect information! I am willing to do this.

TaG said:
I agree that we would probably have gotten the RAM anyway, but it was given at the time of the re-order situation arose as, lets say, an olive branch. Good news / bad news thing.
Drop the 'probably', and this is the best paragraph written on this particular aspect of refund drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my advice to usa customers, go ahead and do a charge back. You should get everything you spent back, no conversion It shouldn't matter to anyone here since they say they aren't using this bank anymore. You'll get your money faster i bet too. Would anybody be opposed? Then whenever the cc page gets up, reorder from there. You should have plenty of time

A note on exchange rates etc.: Those of us from the US dont agree with the explanation that "you are getting back what you paid essentially" argument because our purchasing power has decreased. Like I mentioned before goods and services are never pegged to the second by second fluctuating rate

Hi,
I 've ordered Pandora after 2 hours of reading this forum on the last day of pre-orders!
Pandora will just have all the things I need: mostly 3D and 10+, I support this project with all my heart!

I live in UK so I've get refunded the same amount I've paid by CC. I've reordered my Pandora straight away with BACS why? Common sense suggest that CC are insured! However, do not get me wrong but Craigix assures bank transfers with his Life i.e. if all this is a scam he will face criminal charges, hence it is very unlikely.

Why this post?
The more money he has the faster I will see my Pandora. So it is up to you guys, waiting for CC reorder page, to speed up production!

-----

As all this situation is a bit stressful for all of us, moderators are a quite eager even to delete jokes about Pandora! I've lost one post, and get warned.

Koplop: send them an e-mail with your order number & relevant details, other people have done this and received a reply with their order's status.

Asmo said:
If they are expected to wait to pay again by Card, at what point is patience supposed to run out waiting for the CC reorder facility? 2009? The dollar could go on a rollercoaster in the meantime.
Is it still the position that it's not up for want of access to a working PC?
This is the question I would like an official answer to. How hard could it be to have this CC order page up?
Why all the secrecy, the broken laptop? I'll end up not reordering, having lost 30 Euros for having wanted to support a project that seemed born out of love.

gorman said:
This is the question I would like an official answer to. How hard could it be to have this CC order page up?
Maybe the bank has to agree to it / validate the code, to be sure that it follows its standards for secured transactions ?
Maybe The pandora team and the new bank have not fully worked out the terms of their partnership to ensure this whole fiasco doesn't reoccur ?
Maybe......

zeropro said:
Here's my advice to usa customers, go ahead and do a charge back.
The problem with that is that we get charged a sizable fee for every chargeback. A paranoid person might suspect that deliberately slowing the refunds to encourage chargebacks and generate fees might explain the bank's reluctance to process the refunds, but I would certainly never make such a potentially libelous insinuation.

A note on exchange rates etc.: Those of us from the US dont agree with the explanation that "you are getting back what you paid essentially" argument because our purchasing power has decreased. Like I mentioned before goods and services are never pegged to the second by second fluctuating rate
Agree or disagree, it is the logical truth. Please re-read some of my many, many explanations of how currency exchange works. Your inability to understand the situation likely stems from your inexperience with international purchasing. Please read some of the more rational responses from others who, not living in the US, are used to these types of transactions. If a product has a set price in currency A and you pay in currency B, then yes, the cost in currency B will change day by day based on the exchange rate. This is perfectly normal, it just seems strange to you because it is outside of your limited scope of experience.

Here is what I originally sent:
10/01/2008 FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE FTF $10.58
10/01/2008 GP32 DISTRIBUTION NEWCASTLE UPO - 197.77 POUND STERLING STERLING Purchase $352.78

Here is my refund:
12/06/2008 FOREIGN TXN FEE REFUND Fee -$8.62
12/06/2008 GP32 DISTRIBUTION Purchase -$287.36

This little adventure has cost me $67 so far.

The only email I have about the refund gives information for a bank transfer, or says I can reorder by credit card. It does not say for what amount - is it 199 GBP = $294 USD, or $330 USD per openpandora.org? Nor is there any link where I can pay by credit card.

Chip said:
Agree or disagree, it is the logical truth. Please re-read some of my many, many explanations of how currency exchange works. Your inability to understand the situation likely stems from your inexperience with international purchasing. Please read some of the more rational responses from others who, not living in the US, are used to these types of transactions. If a product has a set price in currency A and you pay in currency B, then yes, the cost in currency B will change day by day based on the exchange rate. This is perfectly normal, it just seems strange to you because it is outside of your limited scope of experience.
personally im all fine with the currency exchange bit .. and im still 100% behind OP and team the things i don't quiet grasp yet in this situation are this:

ok im going to venture the banks are being a bit underhanded .. as my money still hasn't dropped into my account but ive read elsewhere in this thread that when time comes to reorder ill be charged exactly what i was refunded in your currency, but the CC page isn't up yet by the time that does show

a: currency rates have changed again most likely (ok that's not to bad as long as one side or the other does not take a major hit.. )

b: i see no logical way short of OP doing this all by hand again to ensure everyone gets charged only what the original order number got refunded. if its not the case and im being charged the full monty again yes no mater how you look at it im loosing some cash both in processing fees and in currency conversion once i reorder again ..

like i mentioned in another thread. as long as i dont loose nearing 10% in exchange rate issues its still cheaper for me to use a CC than to do a bank transfer here in the US .. its just not a accepted method of personal banking here and the fees are outrageous as well as no protection.

im not sure if its big in the UK but ive done a good deal of business in japan and have seen this done with other retail, for allot of american imports they have a flat US dollar fee .. not a fluctuating currency exchange im sure its a bit of a mark up to give them padding. but you ll find alot of US private consumers seam to expect that. and im sure thats were some peoples lack of understanding/tolerance is coming in ..

and im going to restate im behind OP and you ll get my cash long as things don't bottom out or get out of hand. the waiting isnt a problem i expected that. but this whole refund /bank thing is a mess no matter how you look at it ..

Just wondering if anyone in Canada actually received their refund yet?
I got my notice over a week ago, but no actual refund yet
(I did reply to the notification email late last week, no word from the PANDORA people yet either).

I don't mind saying I am not overly comfortable with this whole process.

os10 said:
Here is my refund:
12/06/2008 FOREIGN TXN FEE REFUND Fee -$8.62
Hey, you got your fee refunded. I wonder how many others did too and just didn't notice? Some banks/credit providers don't separate the fee, they just add a 1-2% margin on the exchange rate instead, so that it is invisible.

This little adventure has cost me $67 so far.

Only if you decide not to reorder.

The only email I have about the refund gives information for a bank transfer, or says I can reorder by credit card. It does not say for what amount - is it 199 GBP = $294 USD, or $330 USD per openpandora.org? Nor is there any link where I can pay by credit card.

Us international customers are waiting on the credit card page to become active.

If you do a bank transfer right away, you pay exactly what was refunded to you (the lower amount). It will probably be similar when the credit card page is up.

Hold tight :)

I think there probably needs to be a page on the official website which explains everything really clearly and addresses the issues and confusions that people have brought up.

Or maybe a page like that should be in the PandoraWiki, at least.

I'm from Canada and have gotten an email but not a refund yet (or at least not as of two days ago... I'll check my account balance again in another few days, or as soon as the credit card page goes up).

I know you can do a bank transfer with what you have been refunded to complete the reorder process, but does anybody have any idea if you will be able to do the same thing with the upcoming CC reorder page?

For the record:
I got my email on 12/03/08.
I got my refund on 12/05/08 (minus $64.50 due to exchange rates).
It actually showed up on my online statement today 12/08/08.
I live in the USA and bank with Wells Fargo and had used my Visa Debit Card.

So, now my only question is, like so many others, where is the Credit Card reorder link?

RavenX said:
For the record:
I got my email on 12/03/08.
I got my refund on 12/05/08 (minus $64.50 due to exchange rates).
It actually showed up on my online statement today 12/08/08.
I live in the USA and bank with Wells Fargo and had used my Visa Debit Card.

So, now my only question is, like so many others, where is the Credit Card reorder link?
It's hidden. You must run around the room three times, clockwise, to unlock your magic the credit card reorder page.

Really, it's heartening to hear the people with "wheres the CC reorder page", rather than giant walls of text explaining why Craig & Co. are the most brilliant damned scammers of the century or "Hurr durr I'm losing too much money if I order it again".

But all said and done, whats the hurry?

RavenX said:
The reorder page will be up as soon as all the refunds are processed. Craig doesn't want another server crash, so the regional pages will be brought up one at a time, a day or two apart. Just like the refunds themselves, the UK page will be first, then continental Europe, then North America, then the rest of the world.

Apparently the plan was always to take reorders only after all refunds were sent, but it was never expected that the refunds would take this long. That's why all I kept hearing was "soon".

I'm still waiting for an answer as to why the emails continued after we had been told the refunds were finished two weeks ago.

Well, I got my refund two days after the e-mail, so maybe the refunds are going out in a more organized manner now?

Back