All Refunds Not Sent Yet

His concerns may be valid, but they've also been addressed repeatedly. The banking situation has been explained to the fullest extent that it can be, at least until all refunds are sorted out and they can't slow us up any more. The currency fluctuation situation has been explained repeatedly. All of his other points are of the unprovable, his-word-against-ours variety. If this whole thing is a scam and nobody is going to get a Pandora, how do you prove it? Conversely, if it's not a scam and everything is exactly as we've been telling you, how do we prove that? I could claim that Zeropro is actually Chad78 come back to make a nuisance of himself again, but since there is no way to prove or disprove that claim, there is no point in even making it.

Zeropro's PMs to me, full of "Do you know who I am?" and poor attempts at veiled threats leave me with no doubt at all that he is not any sort of business professional.

And no, I did not disemvowel his post by hand. There are tools for that. I think it is a perfectly reasonable punishment for trolling. If I wanted to be draconian about it, I would have simply deleted his post and permabanned him. Instead I left the post in a semi-readable format and put him on moderator review. If he wants to post something constructive, then it will get approved. But as I said, repetitive rants like this are not welcome.

rmm21 said:
I'd like to add that my refund email came on 11/26 and no refund has been sent yet to me in the good ole' USA as of 12/06 for my $700+ preorder. :(

My enthusiasm for the project has partially waned with delay after promise after delay, but I have to stay in with my order because i'll lose a portion of my money due to rate instability if I bail. I wasn't expecting perfection, but I did expect a bit more from the team. I do hope we get a credit card reorder page up before the rates change in my disfavor.

As I said, if I could jump ship I would and wait for the second batch boat to pick me up, but that won't happen, for there being really no choice left to me and to others in this mess. Just have to swim alone in stormy waters until the first batch boat leaves port to pick us up after they check and recheck for leaks. :)

Yeah, same here. Email came on the 26th, refund hasn't come yet (in the US also). Not worried yet. Doesn't seem out of line with some of the earlier posts of refunds taking time after the email. Still waiting for the credit card reorder page to go up again anyways.

Haven't lost my enthusiasm about the device. As soon as we finally get this thing, whenever that may be, I don't think we'll be disappointed. These preorder difficulties will just be memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
duty_calls.png

I finally got my refund and put my reorder back in. It took sooo long to get back to me.

I feel at peace now that it's back in the works.

Posted on: Oct 30 2008, 11:26 PM

For those worried about currency conversion losses etc., my understanding is that because WE (yes me included having paid with an Australian VISA card) have paid by credit cards the sum of 199 pounds that it doesnt matter what our respective dollar is worth. i.e. craigix will refund the 199 pounds that will convert to a dollar amount (actually higher than originally paid - so you will make a small profit) then as soon as possible, re-order the unit for 199 pounds so you are not out of pocket (appart from any fees that you credit card/bank may charge) The credit card percentage for both transactions will be charged to Craigix via their merchant services.

j.pickens said:
rmm21 said:
My enthusiasm for the project has partially waned with delay after promise after delay,
Perhaps you didn't have much enthusiasm to begin with.
The absolute, earliest possible, not promised date for Pandora's release was November 30th.
It is now December 6th.
Geez, six days in from the most optimistic possible ship date, and your enthusiasm is waning.
Amazing...

Forums are always filled with at least a few that are "slow" so let me clarify that I still have a huge amount of enthusiasm for the project as I want to reorder as I mentioned in my previous post about "hopefully the credit card page will be up soon so I can repurchase".

Personally, I only own a laptop, not a plethora of electronics like others here, and wanted the Pandora for its gaming, mp3 playback, internet, ebook reader, whatever else I can get working on it. Sucks to carry around a bulky laptop for those features so yeah my enthusiasm has waned partially(a little) because I doubt they will ship in December in non-beta, non-finished versions. Sucks also to have my money in limbo like this too(but preorders are like that).

I understand all that is going on with the project, but I still want the Pandora sooner than later as we all would.
Comprende now?

Just saw my refund in my bank account, $53 forex loss so far from paying in weak USD for my preorder and being repaid in weak GBP.

Still no email though.

Did anyone here happen to use an american express credit card (blue if that matters) to pay? I'm just curious on timelines of when I should really be seeing this. My credit limit went up from the standard by 304$, but that's a bit low as was mentioned in the other thread. ~50$ sounds to be what most lost on the GBP->USD conversion.

I don't actually see these funds in my balance though, and I've never actually had a "negative" balance.

Xanas said:
I'm just curious on timelines of when I should really be seeing this.
See the new update at the top of this thread.

For the official record - it's not just US accounts, I'm Aussie.

Chip: What's the official explanation on the emails being sent five days after the "all clear"? Unless GP2X have given the bank control over their email accounts, I would like to know why that occurred.

Edit: One would think I could spell "US"... but no, I got that wrong :(

Will the reorder page allow us to input any amount (the amount we were refunded) or will the amount be automated. I want to know this now, since I am planning on paying the total refunded amount in my local currency, not in GBP. I don't really want to spend more money on this whole screw up, and if I have to pay in GBP yet again (which should have been avoided in the first place) I will just chargeback the whole order for the original amount in my local currency.

BenT said:
Chip: What's the official explanation on the emails being sent five days after the "all clear"? Unless GP2X have given the bank control over their email accounts, I would like to know why that occurred.

A ) Does it matter? B ) They're all being done by hand, so it probably took a few days. Could be why some people got their e-mails before the actual refund, and some after - they just hadn't got to those ones yet, and the bank beat them to it.

GunPei2X said:
BenT said:

A ) Does it matter? B ) They're all being done by hand, so it probably took a few days. Could be why some people got their e-mails before the actual refund, and some after - they just hadn't got to those ones yet, and the bank beat them to it.

i emailed them to see if i was in the clear last week. then the day after i got a reply saying 'oops you should of gotten a refund email here is what you should of got.' then the said email came the next day (friday) and my bank account got the refund. i then sent a email asking for the credit card re-order link and have yet to hear back.

Chip said:
Update - Dec 7
Just got another message from Craig. As has become obvious, the refunds have not all been processed yet. They have been processed on our end, and the bank had told us that everything was done a week ago when this topic was first started, but clearly this was not the case. They now admit that they have yet to process a good chunk of the US refunds. We're told they "should be done this week", but we've heard that before. Further details will be posted when I get them.

Chip - a couple of suggestions:

1) We all visit the banks head office you bring the pitch fork and I'll bring the flaming torches.
2) I hope Craig considers taking this to the Banking Ombudsman in the UK - hopefully he can get some compensation for the bank's apparent incompetence.

Still waiting to see the cash reappear in my account ...

I got mine, but I'm not reordering. Just gonna hold off till the 2nd batch and make do with my N800. The Diablo update actually added some useful stuff, though Flash playing still sucks. Canola seems slower too, but that may just be because both my 16gb sticks in it are full.

Back