All Refunds Not Sent Yet

I got a refund notice at 9:17AM today (1st December). Once again, the communication and the facts don't seem to tie together all that well... (yes, it COULD be a problem on the email server on my end - but I place my bet on it being at their end).

Does anyone know when the credit card page for re-orders will be available?

Just got my email today about an hour ago, and I live in OH, USA. I checked the credit card and no refund yet...hopefully soon.

Feck, I got mine just now...

Me too. (East Coast, USA).

Well... I still can't wait. I hope everything goes through well.

I'm from Walingford, CT (USA) and received my email on November 29, 2008 4:54 am... although no refund has been posted back to my account yet.

The original amount posted to my credit card statement originally was US$353.50 for the Pandora and US$7.07 for the currency conversion fee. Once I get the money posted back, will it be US$353.50 or whatever the current exchange rate is?

I guess my real question is how much do I have to wire back to reaffirm the sale? The refund email gives detailed information on where to wire the cash, but mentions nothing about the current price, and I can't remember what the original GBP price with US shipping was :p

jdh2550 said:
... the communication and the facts don't seem to tie together all that well... (yes, it COULD be a problem on the email server on my end - but I place my bet on it being at their end).

Yeah luckily I got my reorder email before the all clear post was posted... Would have kind of sucked to feel relieved and then get the email... Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, got my reorder email this morning. D'oh!! I hope i can re-order via credit card soon........ I'm not sure how to transfer money from America to the UK banks.. I guess western union??

Night Wind said:
I, too, got my reorder email this morning. D'oh!! I hope i can re-order via credit card soon........ I'm not sure how to transfer money to the UK banks.. I guess western union??
Print out the mail and go to your bank. They need IBAN and Swift-BIC from the mail for transfer AFAIK. Give your order-number as reference.
Western Union has nothing to do with this.

Cretin said:
Once I get the money posted back, will it be US$353.50 or whatever the current exchange rate is?

I guess my real question is how much do I have to wire back to reaffirm the sale? The refund email gives detailed information on where to wire the cash, but mentions nothing about the current price, and I can't remember what the original GBP price with US shipping was :p
It'll be at whatever the rate against GBP is at the time the refund is/was processed, that's how it seems to have happened for everyone else.
www.Xe.com for the latest rates (your Bank/Card issuer may also take a transaction fee)

Chip said:
We've lost a lot of money with this whole banking fiasco. While they're refunding your money, they are not refunding the processing fees that we've already paid. With everything else going on, we can not afford to cover the 1.5-2% fee like we did last time. It sucks, but it's only an extra $5 or so for each of you.
Nobody wants to see the project flounder, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but this c**k up on OP's end has cost some of us buyers real money. Yes, by reordering this loss be lessened, but anyone who is down thanks to the unsolicited refund can not 'walk away' scot free. Catch 22. It'll cost me literally 10% of the money I paid up front in good faith if I choose not to reorder. If the rate against other currencies improves by the time the CC reordering page arrives, things might look better.

NJ got my re-order early this morning. Just waiting for the CC page to go up and I obviously need to see the refund clear on my card.

just waiting to re-order now.

Just got mine today ,
Reno, Nevada USA
Well at least they have'nt forgotten about me :)..Bud

Phawx said:
NJ got my re-order early this morning. Just waiting for the CC page to go up and I obviously need to see the refund clear on my card.

When will we know if the CC page is up, and where will it be, does anybody know???

Night Wind said:
Phawx said:

When will we know if the CC page is up, and where will it be, does anybody know???
We'll only know when they tell us...
Wait, come back here, or the blog. They might send emails, maybe not.

They should send a mail, because not everyone who is affected will lurk around here all the time.

They may well send an email - whether it will be successful based on comments before pre-order, start of pre-orders and refunds is another matter. I suspect they will post here and on the blog either way.

I received the email on the 26th and there still hasn't been a refund to my bank account. Is this normal?

kbandressen said:
I received the email on the 26th and there still hasn't been a refund to my bank account. Is this normal?

Refunds can take a week or so to appear. Again check that it hasn't 'slipped in' on a previous date as some are reporting. If you haven't heard anything in a few days get in touch with them.

Back