All Refunds Not Sent Yet

craigix said:
We hope to have the credit card system set up via Barclays very soon. There will be a credit card fee as a %.

It would have been online this weekend but my dell laptop chose to die.

Powers on for about 1-5mins then turns itself off for about 20mins. Does the same on battery and PSU.

I'm setting up my old laptop now, but the old one has its own series of problems. Gah.

Bear in mind while telling folks they can 'just resend the money' that (at this point in time, who knows what may happen by the end of the day!) the only secure way is still unavailable, which provides fertile grounds for doubt to spread.

Last edited by a moderator:
m1dget said:
It's my first post here and I just want to know a little something.
I am from montreal, quebec, canada and I just received the email from openpandoraorders@gmail.com saying that my order will have to be refunded and I just want to make sure that I won't miss anything.

Sorry for asking what could be qualified as a newbish question (and an annoying one) but if I read correctly, my order that I made via credit card will be entirely refunded and after open pandora will have on their site a link to another website where I will be able to enter my old order number + the info needed to order a second time?

I have another question concerning the sender of the email... I don't fear a scam or anything, but the email I received for the refund was "from: openpandoraorders@gmail.com" and "sender: gp2xorders@googlemail.com".

I don't remember having my original order email sent by google mail and I just want to make sure that everything is legit and I am not getting scammed in any way.

Thanks and keep up the good work :)
PS: can't wait to get -> :pandora1: :D

Welcome! :)
Yes, your payment will be re-funded. The amount will vary dependent on currency conversion, but it is the full amount needed for re-ordering.

The eMail-addresses are valid.
Look here for full info:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry665751

I can't wait to get that powerful beast, either :)

Googer said:
I finally got my e-mail informing me of needing to reorder tonight. Nothing shows up on my CC's transactions as of yet but I'll be keeping an eye on it. That said I'm not too concerned about not being credited properly so if the reorder page is up before I've been credited, I probably will just do the reorder on the spot anyway. :p

...and just to follow up on this for a reference point on how long it takes the refund to go through, my CC was refunded this morning. Of course I was naturally hit with a 3% foreign transction fee again, so between one on the initial order and this one on the refund I'm out around $20, but there's not exactly anything that any of us can do about that. :glare:

Two days after email, just got my refund. Now just patiently waiting for a credit card reorder page :\

To all the staunch supporters that seem to believe that complaints stem from stupid people not having anything better to do.

1) The homepage of this product does not give ANY information on the current situation. ZERO. NONE. How can this be acceptable is beyond me.

2) Mr. Craig on November 26th mentions that, had it not been for his laptop choosing to die (sic.), the credit card order page would have been online "this weekend". I take it to mean the 22-23 November weekend, could it be the 29-30? I doubt it, but even if it were, they would still be a full week late for something that could, apparently, easily be done from a laptop on the weekend. I think they are two weeks late now.

3) They send e-mails from gmail accounts when they have a regular domain registered or two. gmail can come from pretty much anyone. How can this be considered acceptable, again, is beyond my comprehension.

I still want the Pandora and I'm still waiting to give the money needed but the more time passes the more likely for the exchange rate to change again, possibly screwing people up twice.

I end suggesting to the Pandora crew to try and downplay the above three points far less than what they've been doing now.

As somebody else mentioned, this is not a non-profit organization. It's still a business. Businesses have to be held to some standard, I think.

And in insisting in downplaying the problems, for me at least, you are just making people feel less and less trusty of what's going on. Because it's like looking at people stuffing fingers in their ears and shouting "bla bla bla, I can't hear you!"

Regards.

Edit: and another thing, by reading the board I discovered yesterday that there are no drivers for the PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware that's still been described in homepage, with no firm date for when the drivers arrive. Things can only get better, really...

GunPei2X said:
GPH (technically a new company then, although made up of some former GP people, much like OpenPandora are the longtime distros of GP32 & GP2X) required preorders in order to pay for the very first batch to be created. It was far "dodgier" than the Pandora project, but a bunch of us still dived in. Unfortunately they rushed it out without proper quality control - which is probably why we are happy for the Pandora devs to take more time and make sure everything is right.
Hah, I remember that well (my membership here may be fairly new, but I've actually been reading these forums for many a year :p I've been doing business with GBAX since before then, too :)). That thumbstick, ARGH! And I never dared to use headphones with mine, incidentally. :lol: (EDIT: Actually, my first edition GP2X bricked itself at random, lucky me. Craig & Co. were great about sorting that out.)

gorman said:
Edit: and another thing, by reading the board I discovered yesterday that there are no drivers for the PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware that's still been described in homepage, with no firm date for when the drivers arrive. Things can only get better, really...
Do pardon me if I'm mistaken, but my understanding is that this affects all companies using the SoC being used in the Pandora, and that this is nothing to do with the OpenPandora project at all.

Prometheus said:
Do pardon me if I'm mistaken, but my understanding is that this affects all companies using the SoC being used in the Pandora, and that this is nothing to do with the OpenPandora project at all.

Yup, except one can discover it only by reading the forums. The homepage makes no mention of it. As it makes no mention of anything apart from "we sold out the first batch".

gorman said:
Prometheus said:
Yup, except one can discover it only by reading the forums. The homepage makes no mention of it. As it makes no mention of anything apart from "we sold out the first batch".Welcome to the forums, home of Pandora with the up to date information.

Look, this is not a normal business venture. If it were they would have waited until it was ready, stopped keep improving it and then announced it. The device was practically 'born' here. It's where people got to know about it, discuss it and make suggestions. They've never been fantastic at updating the home page, that's the way it is. Also, which companies do you know that would publish all this sort of stuff on their home page?

Back to your previous post. You have a point on item 2 - craigix announced something and then it didn't happen. He would have been better saying nothing. But then everybody moans at the lack of information, so they say something then everybody moans about what they did/didn't say or whether it happened according to plan. They cannot win and we've been here before.

They decided to set up the gmail/googlemail accounts to take advantage of Google's spam filters. Wouldn't have been my choice for the reasons you say, but it did make sense at the time and once one it is unwise to change part way through.

And if none of that satisfies you: "bla bla bla, I can't hear you!" ;)

Why are some people getting refunds in like 2 days, and others it has been like 9-10 days and still nothing???? TaG are you on payroll?

zeropro said:
Why are some people getting refunds in like 2 days, and others it has been like 9-10 days and still nothing???? TaG are you on payroll?
Because money travels 60 km/h and only on weekdays. If you live further, you've got to wait a bit longer.

zeropro said:
Why are some people getting refunds in like 2 days, and others it has been like 9-10 days and still nothing????
It depends on the vagaries of the banking systems as well as the bank apparently not doing their part in a timely manner and that the emails are done by openpandora, he refunds sent on their merry way by the bank. It is not unheard of to have to wait just over a week. Also, some people might have missed the refund as it appears on the statement a few days back from when the credit balance changes - don't ask why as it's all beyond my comprehension what bankers do.
zeropro said:
TaG are you on payroll?
:lol: If only.

salasq said:
zeropro said:
Because money travels 60 km/h and only on weekdays. If you live further, you've got to wait a bit longer.

I'm afraid I'm going to get screwed by this. Being in the USA, I expected my refund to arrive in mph. I'm afraid with the miles to kilometers conversion rate I'm going to get screwed.

:unsure:

socket said:
salasq said:
zeropro said:
Because money travels 60 km/h and only on weekdays. If you live further, you've got to wait a bit longer.I'm afraid I'm going to get screwed by this. Being in the USA, I expected my refund to arrive in mph. I'm afraid with the miles to kilometers conversion rate I'm going to get screwed.
When you ordered did you select air mail? If you did then it should be mph the whole way. If not then it's by boat and the conversion to and from knots will leave you feeling a little sick.

TaG said:
When you ordered did you select air mail? If you did then it should be mph the whole way. If not then it's by boat and the conversion to and from knots will leave you feeling a little sick.
Air speed is in knots too, MPH is a conversion so ground based observers can relate it. So if you opted for Air Mail but calculated it in MPH you'll be hit for the conversion to Knots on the sly. Be aware of this.

Asmo said:
TaG said:
Air speed is in knots too, MPH is a conversion so ground based observers can relate it. So if you opted for Air Mail but calculated it in MPH you'll be hit for the conversion to Knots on the sly. Be aware of this.Is that right? You live and learn.

I have a question for those who don't want to reorder and are balking at losing money because of currency conversion: would it help if you looked at this as reordering the amount you got refunded and getting a Pandora, or not reordering and paying $30 (or whatever you "lost" in the conversion) to get absolutely nothing?

I'm sure nobody will be convinced by me though, but this is how I see it: you wanted a Pandora, you can either reorder and get what you wanted, or lose money and not get what you wanted. If you are not reordering because you couldn't afford to spend the money on a Pandora to begin with then that has nothing to do with this banking fiasco; you probably should've thought of that before you preordered at all.

And to those who are angry because they came from Digg and Engadget and jumped without looking I only have this to say: be glad you're getting a refund at all. If you make a habit of putting your money in not-yet-existant products based completely on a bit of online PR without doing any extra research into the product you'll probably run into plenty actual scams from which you will never get a penny back.

I just don't get it. I especially don't get the people who are spouting their unfounded paranoia on here like it's some sort of gospel, or like they're even informed at all as to what's going on. Thanks for adding needless panic mongering to a situation that's already bad enough as it is for both the devs and the buyers. Reeaal helpful.

Just when the mood was lightened a little ..Eniko jumps in to the fire. Eniko let me make this clear for you. Those of us who have consumer minds see and feel that at this point, there is no proof that those of you who are reordering are going to get anything either. Not one finished pandora has yet to be seen on this earth. It amazes me that people think this will actually be shipping this month or next, when there is still devwork going on, and the case isnt even designed. Secondly I cant speak for everybody else but money is not the deciding factor for me, Im doing well in that category. this is strictly about principle and the fact that a company who has consumers would allow these mistakes to e made without saying one bloody thing to quell it. Im confident tht there is much more to the banking fiasco than we are being told, and it has nothing to do with lawyers etc. Why would lawyers even be involved? Some people kill me. Be glad Im getting a refund at all? Are you serious? obviously you arent aware of this thing called jurisprudence and the legal system. Honestly if i wanted to I could cause a whole lot of hell but I am not on that wavelength right now. I see you are a dev and thats great but dont attempt to be a businessman or woman and try to chastise me for being pissed at the most unorganized console launch in history

Back