All Aussies Stand Up And Be Counted

Dingo_aus

Website
www.users.on.net
Since there is no official distributor and shipping to Australia is a PITA. I was wondering how many people overcame the hurdles in this surnburnt land and are GP2x owners?

I noticed on the Frappr (http://www.frappr.com/gplovers) for the GP32 and GP2x there are no Aussie flags.

Maybe a GP2x only Frappr would be a good idea.

.....and don't say I 'm lazy not looking at people's profiles, I've seen lots of posts by people I think are Aussie but don't have a location in their profile.

Im an AUZZI AUZZI AUZZI, OI OI OI!!
located in canberra! i dont think anyone else has one here yet, so im the first! yah!

Melbourne here. Craig managed to get mine here in less than a week with standard shipping.

Allan.

Melbourne here got my gp2x back in Novemebr from gbax or gp2x.co.uk whatever it is called these days. :)

Just got my tv cable, PSU and case today from play-asia and the tv cable works fine without any problems at all. :D

I'm from Melbourne.
Glad to see a few aussies with gp2x's here!

Got my Gp2x from play-asia during the xmas week, arrived in 3 days.
I got the gp2x accessories separately after xmas (tv-out, carry case, screen protector) from play-asia also (just incase the value got a bit too much and they decide to charge customs for it.)

Anyone know where we can get some Ansmann 2600 batteries in Aust? I ended up getting some energizers and sanyo ones instead.

Don't bother, the energizers work a treat. Hell, I have a set in my 2x that seem to have been running for well over 5 hours.

Allan.

Really, the energisers 2500 working for more then an 5 hours.

Thats amazing!

I've got two of those and 4 of the powerbase 2500. I'll be thrilled if I get more then 3 hours of gaming or movie watching for any of them.

From a place called Hervey Bay (whales anyone?) 4 hrs north of Brisbane... about 30 mins from Fraser Island.

Managed to get my GP2X fine, althought I am having a hard time finding a shop clerk that understands that "I don't need a Game-SD card or a Mini-SD Card+Converter... I need a goddamned Plain SD Card!"

Small town syndrome I'm affraid. Got a couple of mates that own PSP's... they sold them and are planning to get 2X's.

I was surprised to see so many Oz folk.... kinda feels better to know I am not the only one stranded on the worlds largest Island!

Sydney here. Ordered mine from play-asia during Christmas break and got it within a few days.

Had no luck finding Ansmanns here but Energizers 2500 have been fantastic.

Can anyone recommend a power adapter? I've been looking locally but haven't found something suitable yet. The gameboy adapter fits the specs apart from the tip which is centre positive instead of negative so there's no reaction when I plug it in.

Emigrated to Redcliffe, near Brisbane, from the UK

Got my sister to bring one over at Christmas, currently running it off a Digitor adapter I bought at Dick Smiths, about $45 but it works for all my english electronics as well, regulated 1.5 amp max @ 3volts. No battery problems for me.

If anyone wants to start selling the accessories in Oz I could do with a TV out cable. And something to convert flash carts to SD cards, that would be good too.

Cheers

what a great response! I didn't think there'd be so many Aussies.

lol - I forgot to post that I'm from Brisbane.

I'm ordering a GP2x when the bricking issue doens't loom so large.

I'm thinking of buying from www.GP32z.com - is that where people would recommend?

Back