Completely New To All Of This

jacksterson

I've been testing and enjoying emulators off and on ever since I was 12 (i'm 18 now). So when I heard about the Gp2X series about a year ago, I've wanted one ever since.

So I finally broke down and bought the Wiz last week, and noticed it wasn't out yet. /facepalm.

Anyways, I've lurked the forums for a week, and decided since I'm getting it, I may as well join, right?

So I have a few quick questions before I properly introduce myself:

1.) I've been under the impression that the Wiz will launch with emus pre-installed, is this correct?
2.) I have read a lot of topics on the psx emulator topic, and I know the chances, but I would like some confirmation. To the best of my understanding, it IS possible, but probably won't be fully useable until a lot of work has been done to program a working emulator, right?

Now that those are out of the way, Hello!

My name is Jacksterson, I've done many many things for a lot of different people.
A quicker way to see who I am would be to check out my deviantart and youtube profiles which are here:

http://jacksterson.deviantart.com/
www.youtube.com/user/rqstudios

My main youtube profile was deleted, so all of my other videos are history (curse my pet peeve of wasting space!).

I'm an avid writer, very talented one at that, if I do say so myself. I enjoy making designs and logos in photoshop, as well as trailers, previews, and animated music videos.

-phew-
Ok, well, I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all, so well, thats my post!

ALSO!
I just checked my order from the Gp2XStore.com and the release date now says "April 25th"!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
'Peter R' said:
End of April has been the target release window for a while so April 25th isn't that strange.
Yeah, I just thought you guys would like to know.

Who would know, but I doubt the Wiz will come preinstalled with emu's. They will be pretty readily available with more coming as people port them (which is a piece of cake) from gp2x. Including them on-device makes things a little more risky and I think they're trying to stay below the radar, and advertise it more for media playing. But yeah, emu's and homebrew will be aplenty..

jeff

Just out of curiosity, is there (or will there be) just one big database of Wiz software? I'm not really familiar with the community outside of this forum but it would be nice to not have to search around too long to find emulators when this releases.

CODE
http://archive.gp2xwiz.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi

'DurTahar' said:
Just out of curiosity, is there (or will there be) just one big database of Wiz software? I''m not really familiar with the community outside of this forum but it would be nice to not have to search around too long to find emulators when this releases.

'jacksterson' said:
I'm an avid writer, very talented one at that, if I do say so myself.
Just something to reflect on...

The most talented people I've met (in any walk of life) didn't think themselves to be very talented. They were too aware of how much they still wanted to learn and improve - so they just kept getting better and better. They never went around saying how talented they were. And they didn't need to - the people around them recognized their talents. :)

Back