alkanoid.fxe - what is this?

Arda

Website
arda.kisafilm.org
hi guys,
I'm using gpmanager and pclink 1.3 for transferring files to my gp32. I dont know which program causes this but a file named "alkanoid.fxe" appears from nowhere at my C: drive. What is this? possibly a bug of one of these programs and the generated fxe wont run on my gp32 :). it would be cool if it was a arkanoid clone :)

it makes your gp explode to some thousand pieces. seriously!

nah, dunno, to me it really sounds like an arkanoid clone. check the downloadsection if there is any program like this. maybe you downloaded it and forgot. this is what happens to me all the time. i have around 20 gb of stuff i cannot remember having installed or downloaded... nah... mostly pron or so. :lol:

hmm i get that too, not that that's an answer... i figured i'd just stuck it there ? maybe a zip somewhere extracts to c:\ ?? i dunno !

Your computer has developed AI and has bred with your GP32!!! THeir child is a program called Alkanoid.fxe. Think of it as a gift from God, try it out, and tell us what it's all about!

DO NOT RUN THIS FILE.

This file is a deselctor file that if run on the GP32 causes it to be unstable. You will have to reflash it probably with a J-tag cable.

Delete it off your PC. OR rename it and give it to a friend...!

If you put the file into a hex editor.. you'll see a readme setion... that tells you all..!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Question is, who did you download from? Wherever you got PCLink 1.3 / gpmanager from, you also got this dangerous shiznit. Unless it's official - knowing Gamepark, it could well be :)

It's GP Manager that dumps it there, why I don't know
It also seems to grow bigger for each file you transfer across

It doesn't contain any readme section, and I've tried running it, it just crashes the gp32 that's all, reset and everything.

Looking at it with a hex editor does reveal the filenames of the files copied across

Edit
Even though, run at your own risk, I take no responsbility etc. yadayadayada

shah - i ran it and it did nothing bad to me....

is it some bullshit from gamepark or entware then ? anyone know (alarm bells aside) what it really does ?

edit - pretty sure i got mine from entware

It's GP Manager that dumps it there, why I don't know
It also seems to grow bigger for each file you transfer across

It doesn't contain any readme section, and I've tried running it, it just crashes the gp32 that's all, reset and everything.

Looking at it with a hex editor does reveal the filenames of the files copied across
i get it...and it grow's bigger..if i transfer any more file's to my gp....my hd space will run out.....
only jokin'...so basicly....it keep's track of all the file's you transfer to your gp32.....
sound's sinister to me....maybee i should stop using gpmanager!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
sure, it looks like a garbage dump file.. maybe a leftover code from early stages of debugging...

ofcourse I tried to run it, and it crashes/resets gp32, thats all. Nothing dangerous.

I like GPMANAGER's drag&drop function, so I'll use it anyway and I'll delete dump file again and again and again.

thanks for replies

Back