Ah Skin Problem

Kronos43

Still Fresh
ok so i know this has been asked a couple of times but whatever..

so i want to install a skin but whenever i do the screen goes blank then returns with the *hey im not gonna change jus to piss you off* kinda thing..

i DL the nand unlocker and tried to use it but i didnt exactly know what i was doin and i didnt fix it..so any help hur?

o ya i wanted to install the Mac OS 9 skin.. is that compatible with 1.4.0 ?

no im not using cramfs

annnd i tried to install the default skin and that worked so ...wat da hells?

hmm, im sure they dont have to be in the root as i have a folder in my root called "skins" where i keep them all :S and they all work, maybe you should contact gbax?

i dunno, but it works for me so i cant really help... sorry :(

I've been having this problem too,I'm stuck with teh Diffnet skin,which although lovely,I would like to change.Is there a way to reset my GP2X?

well i can change my skins now after using the nand unlocker again..

but i still cant install the mac os 9 skin =[

When I run Nand unlock my screen just goes black.Files are in root like they are meant to be.

I've still not sorted out this problem with not being able to change my skin anymore.I'm also getting problems with games,I just seem to get returned to the main screen.Something has changed somewhere along the lines.What I would like to do is just get the GP2X back to how it was when I first got it and start from scatch.

If you try to install a skin, how long does your screen go black? If its less than 10 seconds, your NAND may be locked or maybe you messed up the folder structure?

just a second or 2.When i changed before I seem to remeber something different happening.I've not touched any folders in NAND.I don't know if its locked or not,it doesn't seem to react to anything

I answered this in another thread ... it's the imgall.gpu file included with the Mac OS 9 skin that's bugged. Get another one, I installed it just fine ...

maybe I should start a new thread.I can't change to any skin fullstop.ever since I put the diffnet skin on I have been stuck with it.

Back