Can't Change Linux Skin

alucks

Still Fresh
I applied the Tux'N'Tosh skin to my GP2X without any problems at all. I'm trying to now change it to the Katamari theme. I've checked the skin out on the skin viewer and it's fine so i know there's no problem with the download. However, whenever I run imgall.gpu i just black a black screen for a second then I'm thrown back to the menu with no change.

any ideas what's going on, please?

Have you removed the tux n tosh image folders, and replaced them with the ones from the katamari skin?

Just checking, don't take offfense ;)

Have you made the NAND read only?

no, i don't think so. I haven't on purpose at least. I'm not sure how I would've done by accident but I'll search the forum.

Have you removed the tux n tosh image folders, and replaced them with the ones from the katamari skin?

Just checking, don't take offfense ;)

no offense taken at all :) but yeah, I did change the folders.

I read that the new firmware extends the life of the NAND. I don't really know what that means but do you think this could be something to do with it. I think I'll try another skin and see if that works.

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
just looking through the forum, I'm pretty sure i haven't made my NAND read-only. I'm running firmware 1.0.1 btw which was on my 2X when it arrived.

Try running sterm and running imgall.gpu from there. This should let you see any error messages that show up. Unless you already have a serial cable for the GP2X then you just use that to see any error messages that are being spat out.

hey all. I ran imgall.gpu from sterm and realised i was just being stupid. all of the img* folders were in a folder called imgall instead of being in the root so the installer was returning a "file not found" message for each of the different images. I didn't realise i would have to change this as that's how the files were in the .zip file.

all sorted now so thanks for your help.

Back