Advertizing in magazine

fantomid

Very Active Member
Hello there,

I got contacts to have one A4 page of communication about the community, the Pandora and the Pyra.
The magazine Retroplaying will be release in France end of october.

The main idea is to have two parts:
On top the Pandora, with the text "TODAY" and some informations regarding the device
At the botton, Dragonbox Pyra, with the text "SOON" or something else and some informations too regarding the device
As we will be on a booth during Toulouse Game Show, end of november, we have too add this too.

What do you think of ?

depending on ED's timeline, "SOON" may already be antiquated in october/november. "NOW" may be necessary ;).

Well, if you focus on the Amiga emulation part in the ad you could advertise in our Amiga magazine: Amiga Forum (www.amigaforum.se). It's Sweden's only Amiga magazine with some 85 subscribers via membership in Swedish User Group of Amiga (and free PDF download for older issues). A full page colour ad costs 270 SEK (about 28.5 Euro) and will be present in the free PDF version too. You can PM me if it's interesting.

I'd assume fantomid's advert will actually be written in French. Would you want a French ad in a Swedish magazine?

Could be english, french, german, ....
Need to adapt the more general advert to a more amiga friendly.

preparing advert is always a good idea when we meet people with contacs ;)

Given that the Pandora is practically only available through the second hand market, I am not sure it is a good idea to advertize it anymore (especially as the "Buy it now, without waiting time" bollocks from "who should not be named" is still up)

At least, the Pandora is Known to work, so when you advertice the Pyra, you should also refer to the Pandora..
at least at the begining of the Pyra,
i know the Pyra isnt offizial the Pandora succesor (to separate from Cr###),

I was just made aware [1] that the German online FLOSS magazine "Freies Magazin" [2] might be interested in more contributing authors. They have an article wish list [3] which includes a hardware section that seems to be suitable for a Pyra article (in German).
Guidelines on writing articles can be found at [4].

[1] https://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=161827
[2] http://www.freiesmagazin.de
[3] http://www.freiesmagazin.de/artikelwuensche
[4] http://www.freiesmagazin.de/mitmachen

Jepp, it wasnt meant to be the offizial Successor, therefore the Name "Pyra" instead of "Pandora 2", and not Openpandora, but Dragonbox..
its a whole independent Projekt, 2 diverent companys, and no Craigix involved..

Jepp, it wasnt meant to be the offizial Successor, therefore the Name "Pyra" instead of "Pandora 2", and not Openpandora, but Dragonbox..
its a whole independent Projekt, 2 diverent companys, and no Craigix involved..
Yes and no. Yes, that was the main reason for avoiding the name "Pandora 2", however that doesn't mean it's not "a" successor to the Pandora, and since Craigix's intended "Pandora 2" never materialised, it's the only one, therefore it can legitimately be said to be "The" successor.

-Neelix

But Pyrrha is the Daughter of Pandora.

Thanks. I didn't know.
Pyrrha is also the mother of another Pandora.

"Once the land has been repopulated with humans, mother earth follows suit and begins to produce all other forms of life. Ovid uses this opportunity to inform his audience that heat and water are the sources of all life – “because when heat and moisture blend in due balance, they conceive: these two, these are the origin of everything. Though fire and water fight, humidity and warmth create all things; that harmony” (Ovid – pg 15)."

When I look at the Pyra logo I see a flame. But I also see two halves, in harmony, separated by a wavy, water-like line. There's fire, there's water, there's harmony. It must be fertile.

Since Ovid took to retell this story, I think I'll name mine Ovidi (I like music by Ovidi Montllor, by the way, but don't trust wikipedia, we all know he's not dead, he's on holidays).

But GPD Win is also a Mini/Pocket PC whit Gaming Controlls and Keyboard, and this also isnt a Pandora Successor...
Anciend greece woman ditnt workd on the Pyra Handheld,
And theres a lots of diverents between Pandora and Pyra..

Yes its could be that EvilDragon took a lots of ideas from the Pandora, but its a independent new Handheld just like the GPD..

Back