[Promotional events] Community / Pandora / Pyra

fantomid

Very Active Member
Hi all,

last year, in France (Toulouse), Linux-SWAT and ptitSeb came to 'Le Capitole du Libre' and 'Toulouse Game Show' events with a booth on each.

'Le Capitole du Libre' is a 2-day event on free cultures and free softwares and 'Toulouse Game Show' is another 2-day event on video games and retro gaming. (FYI: booth, transportation ticket and accomodation have been paid by us.)

For the community and the Pandora (soon the Pyra), I think it's important to advertize and to make promotion.

My question is:

Do you think donations could be organized to have money to reserve booth for promotional events ?

Donations may cover transportation ticket and/or accomodation too.

This year, in France, I think of 'Japan Expo' in Paris (5 days in July) and 'Toulouse Game Show' in Toulouse (2 days in December)

In terms of free culture and software there is plenty to display. Should be right at home with those. Fantastic initiative, id chip in to send you on your way.

Surely some forum member could provide accomodation in paris i should think.

If boot space expenses are excessive maybe we could organize an event of our own?

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2013, at the 'Toulouse Game Show', about 40 000 people came.

Many people were interested by the device and lots of young people could put their hands on it to play games their parents may have played.

ptitSeb and Linux-SWAT may have more feedback to give about this event.

I think, video game events are a place to be to give a better visibility to the Open Source Handheld Console community and in particular the Pandora/Pyra community.

Like you mentioned, the accomodation is not the hard point. The booth could be.

I may discuss this point at FOSDEM. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I've finished University I hope there are some events I can visit with the Pandora and Pyra.

Those kind of events are very important because we can't rely on passive advertising.

The Eurogamer Expo always gets a lot of footfall, and while the Sony, MS and Ninendo areas are big and swish (and cheesy and irritating, but maybe that's just me) they've quite a big area dedicated to retro and indie gaming which perhaps wouldn't be too expensive to get into.

FYI

I got more informations from EGX 2014 (25 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2014, EARLS COURT, LONDON)

SHOW FLOOR: SPACE ONLY
£275 PER M2
A space only stand will require the stand holder
to pay for all electrics, broadband and additional
bandwidth, lighting and lifting.
RETAIL SPACE
£175 PER M2
Includes one power socket, lighting, your
company sign (text) and shell scheme stand.

For 'Toulouse Game Show', I paid about 750 euros VAT included for 6 M2 and 1.5kw power supply.

Back