accumulator empty

budweiserz

Still Fresh
Hi pandora skilled

I got the console in front of about 4 weeks thanx for that, so far I'm not really satisfied.

The battery is then to 0% after 2 days without use

The load is also extremely long.

I can only charge the battery to 90% i don't have 10 hrs of accumulator, then

I fill it up with power. two days later the accumulator is empty.

Tried this 3 times:

load accumulator (90%) this goes more than 10 hours

power off (sudo shutdown -h now)

wait 2-3 days

power on

pandora starts up until desktop then power off becouse accumulator is empty (0%) nooooooooo

i think pandora powers off anyway when the accumulator is 5% filled. this must be a serious issue..

Either the battery discharges by itself or is any loose connection, it's not allways discharged.

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Thanks and greetings from Switzerland

bud

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel for you brother. Sounds like the battery is faulty. Then again, I guess it could also be the charging circuit...I would attempt to email your supplier...or find somebody else with a Pandora and try your battery in their device and vica-versa.

Get the latest hotfix. Also, be aware that yes .. your Pandora can drain the battery even when its off. :)

It should not drain in 2 days though. When off, the only thing the battery powers is the clock. I've shut mine down for days at a time and returned to find it down only a few percent. By my calculation it should last about 3 months from full battery before the clock runs the battery to empty, not 2 days.

Welcome!

Have you tried folding a piece of paper into the battery compartment? (could the battery be loosing contact with the power management circuit?)

What happens if you charge the battery, remove it from the Pandora, put it in a plastic bag in the fridge.

Then put it back in 2 days later?

WizardStan, I think it depends which Hotfix you're on .. I seem to recall (please correct me if I'm wrong) that there were some slight tweaks to the accumulator control firmware that sets things up properly when the Pandora is shut down. In the earlier versions, it wouldn't really shut the Pandora off - but leave it in trickle-charge mode, which *will* deplete the battery within a few days .. but this was fixed so when you shut off Pandora now, the correct ultra-low-power sleep mode is used ..

I could be wrong, and I hope this is proven to be misinformation if that is the case, but in case it helps, thats just what comes to mind when thinking about budweiserz problem ..

Every hotfix from 1 through 4 when you shut down actually shut down, unless there was a problem. A few people reported these problems but I could never reproduce the error. When you shut down it should be off, other than the clock. That's how it's always been unless something in HF5 or 6 changed it which I'm almost positive wasn't the case.

Sounds like the same problem i had with my first pandora. Sent it back and my replacement one was fine. Fire off an email to where you bought it.

There used to be a problem with wifi chip that it would fail to enter standby and drain 200mA or something crazy like that, regardless of what state remaining system was in. It was fixed in HF4 or so.

Maybe you're in low power mode or something.

Personally, I had to turn off WIFI before shutdown to be sure the Pandora is really off, because the screen did not turn off correctly.

Did you try to shutdown the Panda, take off the battery, leave it one or two days and put back the battery ? You'll see if it comes from it.

i seem to have got this problem now, but in my case seems to have taken one day to discharge from about 70 percent to 6 percent.

am charging pandora now will see what happens then.

i am on hotfix6

i seem to have got this problem now, but in my case seems to have taken one day to discharge from about 70 percent to 6 percent.

i am on hotfix6

70 to 6 in one day?

Sounds like the battery wasn't seated properly anymore.

Then it can drop from 70 to 6 in one reboot.

i am on hotfix6

70 to 6 in one day?

Sounds like the battery wasn't seated properly anymore.

Then it can drop from 70 to 6 in one reboot.

hi

yes seems so, after popping battery back out and in correct charge seems to be displayed!

battery is 0% even after a day, without standby. Have tried with popping out battery, doesn't help. fix 5 and now 6. i'll write now to supplier.

Back