Blinking charge led

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
Hi, I left Pandora snoozed yesterday, forgot, and today I discovered that it's not powering up. I connected to charger and finally it powered up (after many tries), battery had 0% charge. So it's steady charging now, it seems all fine, except that I should not be doing full battery cycles. But now, apart from charging I see that the charge led is blinking. Why? Is it because battery is at 0% and disconnecting charger would force power down?

How do you guys leave pandora - do you keep it constantly connected to charger, except when leaving home? I am worried that keeping battery at permanent 100% and only occasional discharges to 70% every few days might not be good to battery also.

But now, apart from charging I see that the charge led is blinking. Why? Is it because battery is at 0% and disconnecting charger would force power down?
It's my understanding that this is the case, yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I left Pandora snoozed yesterday, forgot, and today I discovered that it's not powering up. I connected to charger and finally it powered up (after many tries), battery had 0% charge. So it's steady charging now, it seems all fine, except that I should not be doing full battery cycles. But now, apart from charging I see that the charge led is blinking. Why? Is it because battery is at 0% and disconnecting charger would force power down?

How do you guys leave pandora - do you keep it constantly connected to charger, except when leaving home? I am worried that keeping battery at permanent 100% and only occasional discharges to 70% every few days might not be good to battery also.

the light blinks when below a certain level, around 20% or something

in terms of deep cycles vs shallow cycles, it's a lipo, so it doesn't really matter, but constantly discharging it completely is a bit worse.

leaving it sat there charging all day is fine, as it only charges when below 95% i think, just don't leave it for months on end like that, a couple of people have had their batteries expand slightly

Mine is only pluged-in at night. My charger is far from my hacking station, so even if I'm at home, it is unplugged.

Back