1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hardware Battery problem while Pandora is off

Discussion in 'Support Area' started by Azerty16, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Azerty16

Azerty16 Member

Hi everyone, I just bought a CC Pandora, it works great but there's a big problem with the battery, when the pandora is off the battery is discharging completly, for example after a full charge of the battery and a complete day off (24 hours or so) the battery will be completly empty and i will manage to power it on again only after removing the battery and it will show 1% only.

I was thinking about getting a new battery from dragon box shop but the shipping cost is too huge for me (28,32 € to france).

What should i do ?

Tags:
  2. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Try leaving the battery out of the Pandora for an 30 minutes (just to be sure) and put it back in for charging. This may sound dumb, but the charging circuit has a capacitor that keeps charged that keeps track of charging cycles. this ensures that circuit resets properly and maybe (hopefully) allows for proper charging.

3. Azerty16

Azerty16 Member

I'll try it but when i received the pandora 4 days ago, the battery was not in the console, and apparently the former owner already noticed this problem.

4. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Advanced Member

Try to charge with another charger, or via USB.

5. Alpibrine28

Alpibrine28 .............................!

Did you try using it while it was 1%? Because I know having problems with the battery where it shows the battery as 1%, but after some time it (magically) charges into 60%.

6. Elw3

Elw3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Use the pandora system info program to look at the battery, the icon can be unreliable at times.

7. Azerty16

Azerty16 Member

The pandora system app info program show the same percentage as the icon, and according to this program the battery is in good health, this night (almost 7hours) the Pandora lost 25% of battery. I will try charging it with another charger or via USB (mini USB or normal USB port ?) But right now i don't have any of those cable, i'll try it later.

8. Eight Bit

Eight Bit Advanced Member

Is there heat somewhere? In your battery or your Pandora? If so, there might be a short circuit allowing a small current to flow.
    When you are using your unit, does the estimated remaining up time represent the actual up time or does the battery drain faster than it should?

Or maybe something has happened to the charging settings, or the stand-by settings, what ever... Have you reflashed your unit?

9. Elw3

Elw3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also check how much power is used, between 600 and 1200 mW is normal.
    Is the Pandora really shut down? Sometimes when i leave my pandrora on idle i have a process in the background going nuts.

10. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Mini-usb. The Pandora either charges over its barrel port or its mini-USB port. The USB type-A socket is host mode only, i.e. it can only be used to discharge the battery.

11. Azerty16

Azerty16 Member

There is no heat at all.

I try to charge it with the mini usb port (couldn't go higher than 80%). And the exact same happened, the battery is discharging too much while the console is off.

I don't really know if the battery life is okay while using it, i need to use it more.

According to the pandora system, 1227mW is use

12. Linux-SWAT

Does the battery looks plate or a bit inflated ?

13. Azerty16

Azerty16 Member

Not really, seems okay.

14. Eight Bit

Eight Bit Advanced Member

Heh, no one with a Pandora living nearby? Just to check.. I'm running out of ideas.

15. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

If you leave it with the 'your battery is low' dialogue open then the battery indicator stops working. If you plug it in when you first notice the red light flashing, not closing the dialogue, it can charge without the number updating. It only updates the number every minute or so, so it can feel like it's stuck for quite a while before it actually does update after you've cleared the error message.

16. lukey

lukey Rare Species

I suggest you to do a full reflash to make sure that it isn't the Software.

17. Azerty16

Azerty16 Member

A full reflash ? Isn't the same as a firmware update ? Because i've already update it from 1.5 to the last firmware version.

18. Linux-SWAT

Updates don't flash the bootloader.

19. Azerty16

Azerty16 Member

To update it, i used the method with the R trigger while booting. Isn't it a full reflash ?

20. Linux-SWAT

It is.
    Updating is more about updating from inside the OS.