Accessories/ultimate Docking Station Thread

The main problem with your idea : will pandora be able to power all those usb powered devices at the same time, since the hub will draw power too... 5 potential device on a single usb...

⬡ said:
Problems this idea has:
1) How to attach it? Anything permanent (glue) is not ideal, as cords break, and if the cord on this thing breaks then you've got to try to pry it off. Velcro just loses its sticking power after too many uses, and it's likely to reach that limit quickly being tugged on in a pocket as one's leg moves.
2) Where to find a camera with that form factor? Most have nice long cords of their own.
3) Both cameras and 3G sticks are high power devices and probably exceeds the 0.5A limit on the USB port.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar usb bus powered hub that i use with my Lifebook U810 (Which only has a single usb port). It works
great (the hub that is), And i have attached it to the top of the extended battery of the U810 with Velcro.

18022010.jpg

18022010-004.jpg

18022010-003.jpg

I don`t see any problem with the Velcro failing anytime soon, And i do detach and reattach it fairly often, As
i use the hub on quite a few of my other gadgets and computers. If and when it does finally fail, I`ll just
remove the old Velcro and apply a fresh strip.

Trooper

The velcro is used in spacesuits, it's pretty resistant, only cheap velcro wear out fast.

Back