Hardware AC Adapter port failure

haplessidiot

Still Fresh
Hi,

I've had my 1ghz pandora since a little bit after 12/25/2014. I ordered from ithic.com which is now offline. My pandora just now stopped being able to charge from the AC adapter port. The device still booted fine and was able to play games when I inserted my other charged battery. Is it still possible to RMA? I am willing to pay to get it fixed if that is not an option.

EDIT: I am willing to build a wall adapter to charge the batteries externally to continue use of my pandora. Is there a spec sheet for the Rebirth Batteries?

Thanks,
HaplessIdiot

Last edited:
Ithic.com is being renewed, they're not gone, so no worries here.

About your charging issue:
Unless the port broke off, it could be something simple like a broken AC adaptor (you can use any PSP one to charge). Or it could be that the contacts are dirty, so try using some contact cleaner spray.

You could also try to open the unit and check the port, maybe the contacts need a small resolder.

We can also repair it for free if you like, but you'd need to ship it to Germany.

You know you can also charge it using the MiniUSB port (unless the battery is so empty that the Pandora doesn't boot anymore)?

You know you can also charge it using the MiniUSB port (unless the battery is so empty that the Pandora doesn't boot anymore)?

I solely use the MiniUSB port, with a 5.1v 2100Mah Adapter I'm more than happy with the charge times. Highly recommend this approach. If you broke a solder joint on the Adapter plug you should be able to see some amount of movement, or be able to push in certain directions and see that it will reconnect with the charge on (Temporarily connecting the broken joint).

I resoldered the AC adapter to no avail. What are the steps needed to send it to germany? Both of my batteries died.

I see the RMA sheet which I have filled out but no address to send it to. Do I PM the RMA sheet to Askarus? I can't send it to ithic for now.

OpenPandora GmbH
Schaeffbraeustr. 11
85049 Ingolstadt
Germany

Do NOT include a battery!

Back