About The Locked Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam fisher said:
CABBAGES said:
oh my god. I cant remember much about physics except that V=IR
And Thus as P=IV, then P=I²R . I actually don't remember much of the physics until i'm put into a situation where I have to use it. It is worrying :S

like signing on the dole

Last edited by a moderator:
moz said:
sam fisher said:
CABBAGES said:
oh my god. I cant remember much about physics except that V=IR
And Thus as P=IV, then P=I²R . I actually don't remember much of the physics until i'm put into a situation where I have to use it. It is worrying :S

like signing on the dole

Peter's head is so huge that the earth actually orbits around it.

I for one think that Fluffy was perfectly justified to make the comments that she did. Sam was the one who degenerated the thread by unnecessarily turning it into a flame war. He was on the attack the whole time for something that was pointless to argue to that extent. Fluffy not only was defending herself, but she actually backed it up with supporting statements, rather than resorting only to childish insults.

Sam, regardless of whether or not you feel you were correct or not, I find it incredibly pathetic that you had to continue degrading the thread and dragging others along with you. You really have a lot of growing up to do. It seems as if you're constantly trying to gain respect with your constant quotations from "science", however you do more to lose that respect from your attitude and conduct.

Fluffy, i've appreciated your contribution to this board and it will be a loss for us to not have you as a mod.

Finally, what makes this board different from many others is the ability of the members to be constructive and respectful, even in the face of stupid questions, false statements and the like. This is something that it seems we're losing more and more and it's a shame.

prairiefire said:
I for one think that Fluffy was perfectly justified to make the comments that she did. Sam was the one who degenerated the thread by unnecessarily turning it into a flame war. He was on the attack the whole time for something that was pointless to argue to that extent. Fluffy not only was defending herself, but she actually backed it up with supporting statements, rather than resorting only to childish insults.

Sam, regardless of whether or not you feel you were correct or not, I find it incredibly pathetic that you had to continue degrading the thread and dragging others along with you. You really have a lot of growing up to do. It seems as if you're constantly trying to gain respect with your constant quotations from "science", however you do more to lose that respect from your attitude and conduct.

Fluffy, i've appreciated your contribution to this board and it will be a loss for us to not have you as a mod.

Finally, what makes this board different from many others is the ability of the members to be constructive and respectful, even in the face of stupid questions, false statements and the like. This is something that it seems we're losing more and more and it's a shame.
I suggest you re-read the topic, Fluffy calls me an "idiot" first, clearly drawing first blood. I was just defending Magus, who she insulted by calling his post "rubbish". I suggest you learn to take an objective view. I am not saying I did not degenerate the topic. However, It takes two to tango.

sam fisher said:
I suggest you re-read the topic, Fluffy calls me an "idiot" first, clearly drawing first blood. I was just defending Magus, who she insulted by calling his post "rubbish". I suggest you learn to take an objective view. I am not saying I did not degenerate the topic. However, It takes two to tango.
It does take two to tango. One would be you. I did read the thread objectively and have no bias towards either one of you. Whether or not you think she degenerated it first, try to be the bigger person! Seriously, the "she started it" is childish. So is making off-topic insults about her age and intelligence. Are you a child or are you mature?

Again Sam, regardless of whether or not you feel you were correct or not, you had to continue degrading the thread and dragging others along with you.

Finally, what makes this board different from many others is the ability of the members to be constructive and respectful, even in the face of stupid questions, false statements and the like.

edit: Futhermore, by continuing with the flaming the argument didn't get any further than it would with you being the bigger person and agreeing to disagree, except that you likely lost a friend on these boards, and the respect from a few more.

No, I don't think she started the argument between her and I. I did that, technically speaking. She did however start the dispute by incorrectly interpreting what magus meant and calling it "Rubbish".

Now to address your second point, why should I give up the argument? Why should she not be expected to be "the bigger person" and stop? Especially as magus actually posted saying that what I was arguing was right and what she posted was actually not what he meant? I am interested in how you will reply to this point.

sam fisher said:
No, I don't think she started the argument between her and I. I did that, technically speaking. She did however start the dispute by incorrectly interpreting what magus meant and calling it "Rubbish".

Now to address your second point, why should I give up the argument? Why should she not be expected to be "the bigger person" and stop?
Personally, I think that being the bigger person means sometimes swallowing your pride and the same goes for Fluffy as well. The beauty with the internet is that if others really care about who is correct or how things work, they'll look it up themselves. You don't need to give up your argument either, but you took the route of slandering her (well you both were guilty of that, but i think it's fair to say you took that much further than anyone).

its probably best if everyone just drop it before it gets way way out of hand and hando comes on and pwns all your asses ;)

sam fisher said:
saehn said:
So... prairiefire for mod? ;)
Thats not a bad idea actually. He is the only person so far who has been fully objective!

Thirded! He'd make a good mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back