A Tegra Note 7 for £160..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
I'd been considering a 2013 edition Nexus 7, but as that is £40 more and doesn't have expandable storage the Note is winning at the moment especially considering it will be used mainly for gaming/emulation & music/media playback (the speakers are apparently some of the best around)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UItKgzfaxCY?feature=oembed

What do you guys reckon..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only buy the Nexus 7 if you want smoothness over functionality.

Tegra 7 is a really good choice for gaming if you are into that kind of things, not sure about the audio quality though, as most android smart devices suck on this front as much as Apple's expensive bricks.

The tegra note7 is only  £129 at currys pc world it was £99 for a week leading up to christmas hows that for agressive pricing  there are also money off codes floating about the internet, dont let the screen put you off ive had a go of my cousins and it is a really good tablet played everything i threw at it reicast runs flawlessly on it and its starting to get updates aswell(being an nvidia licence)

The tegra note7 is only  £129 at currys pc world it was £99 for a week leading up to christmas hows that for agressive pricing  there are also money off codes floating about the internet, dont let the screen put you off ive had a go of my cousins and it is a really good tablet played everything i threw at it reicast runs flawlessly on it and its starting to get updates aswell(being an nvidia licence)
Do you mean the ADVENT Vega version..?

Pretty much every review of that particular model I've seen has slated it's build/screen quality.

Had a go of it and it feels ok to me m8 the advent vega is basically the same as the EVGA version just rebadged its responsive brilliant sound plays all games fullspeed nifty touchscreen and as far as resolution is concerned id prefer 720p to 1080 and above as its for emulation mainly and earlier games look shit on hi def screens as far as the build quality goes it feels good in your hand and certainly didnt creak or have anything that felt loose 

edit: (referring to the Nexus 7)

No microSD card really sucks. Thats the only down point I found so far. The screen is awesome, performance is awesome, battery life is awesome! build quality is awesome, the feel is awesome! You can even boot multiple roms. Thanks to MultiROM there's no need to reflash to use different flavours. You can run FirefoxOS. Custom roms like CyanogenMod, AOKP,.. etc. are available und always up to date. Did I menton that I have one? But think about the microSD card issue. Its really annoying for some people.

MultiROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=5223c89fa45a8d03b0e31e38a0dc827b&t=2457063

CyanogenMod: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Flo_Info

AOKP: http://aokp.co/devices/flo

I never buy Android devices without proper custom rom support, preferably AOKP. You might want to wait a bit to see the potential of these Tegra Note 7 devices before you make a choice.

What you talking about ? it has a micro sd card slot up to 64gb m8 better recheck your facts m8 ( i know my cousin had a 64 gb samsung micro sd card init and it was running movies and games off it just fine).Or are you talking about the nexus 7

An update for anyone interested.. I took the plunge & bought one of the ADVENT Vega models

As casmiester mentions ;)   £129 at Currys/PC World atm.

Despite my original reservations, this much bang for this little buck.. what's the catch, build/screen/audio quality etc?

Happy to report so far so good, haven't had one single issue with anything..

The overall build, whilst obviously not premium is far from budget/flimsy.. the speakers/sound quality are much better than anything else I'm aware of in this price range/size & it breezes through all the games/emulators I've tried so far at max detail/settings with not a single hitch.

Even the bundled apps like Tegra draw are extremely responsive/lag free and a surprisingly enjoyable little time waster.

It's also recently received Android 4.3.

Unless you absolutely must have the increased resolution/screen real estate & the latest updates the second they are released, you'd have to look very hard indeed to find anything that competes as far as price v performance is compared atm.

I done some research and the EVGA and VEGA versions are exactly the same m8 just swap the v and the e must be a copyright issue over here how you getting on with it? not had a chance to try it again as my cousin is off home

I done some research and the EVGA and VEGA versions are exactly the same m8 just swap the v and the e must be a copyright issue over here how you getting on with it? not had a chance to try it again as my cousin is off home
Yeah, great so far

Not really had any significant issues.. the performance is generally great, the battery drains a little quicker than I would like & I have noticed it becoming a little warm when gaming for a while.. but perhaps these little niggles can be improved with apps or rooting/custom roms (none atm.. at least that I'm willing to attempt, fingers crossed for something like Nexus Root Toolkit)

Overall though I'm very happy with the purchase, but wish I could find a half decent case for it.. anyone know where I can get one..?

Looks like the Tegra Note 7 is the new Nexus 7 . Would have thought it difficult to believe another tablet could beat the Nexus 7 for performance/value

I'd like to see a teardown of the Tegra Note 7. Nothing found so far. Does it come with a glass front?

How is the stylus on the Note 7, is it accurate ?. Also , is it a passive stylus - no batteries?

Back