A Slightly Incomplete Mac Toolchain

no_skill

gp2x! bananas! mayhem! mayham!
Website
72dpiarmy.com
i pulled together a rudimentary evironment to bootstrap wiz development on the mac.

using the gp2x arm compiler binary you can get at least console programms running on wiz, compiled on mac now.

http://tmp.72dpiarmy.com/wiz/wizmac02.zip

doesn't include libSDL or libCastor yet, but supports console programms at least.

Hey, great! This would be nice for when I wanna use my Mac.

Once you get the toolchain nailed, you can just use the libs from the toolchains+libs package I posted earlier, or get Orkie's build script (fix the *ahem* bugs) and do a full build-from-scratch ..

I would love to use this but the libs in Orkie/torpor's "toolchain" that work on Linux are not compatible with this compiler. If you try to link in SDL for example you get

Code:
/opt/local/devkitpro/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-gcc  -L/opt/local/devkitpro/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib main.o -o test-sdl.gpe -Wl,-rpath,/opt/local/devkitpro/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib -lSDL -lpng -lm -lz -lpthread
/opt/local/devkitpro/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib/libSDL.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized

This (I think) has to do with the fact that the libs in the linux toolchain have the EABI attributes whereas the compiler you have here for the mac does not know how to process them.

true, i should have noted that somewhere; tried that a week ago (using torpors pre-build libs with this toolchain)

for now i resorted to using libcastor for hardware access, but that's clearly no viable solution (SDL!, OpenGLes!)

i was thinking about using orkies buildscript and building the libs anew, but couldn't be arsed to properly do that (yay for trillions of weird gcc errors).]

maybe if torpor releases the cleaned up build scripts?.

i was thinking about using orkies buildscript and building the libs anew, but couldn't be arsed to properly do that (yay for trillions of weird gcc errors).]

I'll get the fixed-up build scripts updated somewhere tonight .. I already described the changes to Orkie, but I don't think he has had time/interest to update the public stuff on his web page yet.

Best bet is to try to meet in IRC - I'll try to pop in tonight on #wizdev/EFNet - and then we can synchronize our efforts. It would be really, really fantastic if we could take Orkies buildscript, and use it on both Linux and OSX to produce equivalent results. So, lets try to do this ..

I can help... not much of an IRC fan so if you can post orkie's scripts somewhere? i can check them out and do A/B testing mac vs. linux (I currently dev in VMWare fusion in ubuntu on a mac... kind of clunky so I have a lot of incentive!)

I tried to write yet another SDL build script.

http://www.fumi2kick.com/gp2xwiz/fumi2_sdl_build-0.0.2.tar.gz

This is Rakefile.(need rake)
Rakefile will build libSDL, SDL_image and SDL_mixer for MacOSX/Cygwin/arm crossdev (and linux).

Try it :)

Back