A Slightly More Complete Toolchain+Libs For Linux Devs ..

If anyone else isn't too fond of creating the /toolchain directory and linking to it, then you have to change the following links in /opt/openwiz/toolchain to point at the true location (the find command locates the broken links)...

peter@jaunty:/opt/openwiz/toolchain$ find . -type l | (while read FN ; do test -e "$FN" || ls -ld "$FN"; done)
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./bin/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu-cc -> /toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/bin/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu-gcc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./bin/bzless -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/bin/bzmore
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./bin/bzcmp -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/bin/bzdiff
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./bin/bzfgrep -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/bin/bzgrep
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./bin/bzegrep -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/bin/bzgrep
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./lib/libungif.la -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib/libgif.la
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 168 2009-07-20 20:35 ./lib/libunicodefont.so -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib/libunicodefont.so.1.0.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./lib/libungif.a -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib/libgif.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./lib/libungif.so -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib/libgif.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 168 2009-07-20 20:35 ./lib/libungif.so.4.1.6 -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib/libgif.so.4.1.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 peter peter 148 2009-07-20 20:35 ./lib/libungif.so.4 -> /opt/openwiz/toolchain/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/lib/libgif.so.4

I'm running into a strange problem. When running my application I get:

./test.gpe: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./test.gpe)

Jan-Nik said:

./test.gpe: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./test.gpe)

I see that from time to time. 2 things you can try.
1. Remove all optimization flags (i.e -O2) and see if it still occurs
2. Find the libstdc++.so.6.#.# in the toolchain its in/under sysroot and rename it to libstdc++.so.6

Edit #2 put the renamed lib in with your binary on the sd card

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Jan-Nik said:

2. Find the libstdc++.so.6.#.# in the toolchain its in/under sysroot and rename it to libstdc++.so.6

Thanks for the fast response. The first solution didn't work, the second one caused my application to segfault immediately. OMFG why does developing for the Wiz suck so much?

Jan-Nik said:
Pickle said:
Jan-Nik said:

Thanks for the fast response. The first solution didn't work, the second one caused my application to segfault immediately. OMFG why does developing for the Wiz suck so much?
yeah it can get annoying. I would get gdb from the gp2x archive. Just put gdb with your binary.
./gdb myapp

If you see any errors about threads just hit c, once you hit your real segfault do a backtrace, maybe you missed something that causes the wiz to go nuts.

Thanks again Pickle, I got it working (don't ask me why, but somehow the segfault went away after trying to debug it with gdb).

torpor said:
[...]
# cd /
# tar xvfz /path/to/toolchain-arm-openwiz-linux-gnu.tar.gz
.. extracts to /toolchain ..
[...]

That extracts to /arm-openwiz-linux-gnu though. Please update the instructions if you change stuff.

Thanks a lot :)
This made it very easy for me to compile, I didn't (and don't) have a clue how to build libs to another platform, or how to setup a makefile for using another toolchain, so but this got me started :)

Truly what I was in need... compiling the libraries was giving me more than a headache, specially not being used to unix systems.

Now I've done some neat things for the wiz and configured codeblocks to compile almost any wiz app.

Anyway, I must say that developing for these artifact is pretty more difficult than for plain PC's. I was getting some strange errors in a game with white pixels appearing blue at the border of the screen, but I solved it checking the lock surfaces before doing anything with the pixel data.

But I'd say this machine has potential hehe

Hi,

I just got a wiz and would like to port a few apps/games to it. The toolchain+libs that torpor put together is a true life-saver! it's disappointing that GPH didn't put out a good SDK for the wiz yet! I just have a few issues with this toolchain:

1. all my SDL test programs ran fine on the wiz, but they were supposed to exit when an SDL_KEYDOWN event is triggered, however pressing any button on the wiz wont register as a keydown, what's up with this?

2. may i suggest adding SDL_sound to the libs? many games/apps uses it, so it would be very convenient..

thanx

capj said:
Hi,

I just got a wiz and would like to port a few apps/games to it. The toolchain+libs that torpor put together is a true life-saver! it's disappointing that GPH didn't put out a good SDK for the wiz yet! I just have a few issues with this toolchain:

1. all my SDL test programs ran fine on the wiz, but they were supposed to exit when an SDL_KEYDOWN event is triggered, however pressing any button on the wiz wont register as a keydown, what's up with this?

2. may i suggest adding SDL_sound to the libs? many games/apps uses it, so it would be very convenient..

thanx

The Wiz controls are registred as joystick events.

SDL_Mixer is available though, don't know if that's enough?

Back