A Request From The Team

jocejrod

i know it's weird to ask, but basically, if the last pandora needs to go to someone, i would love it if it were me. i almost bought a gp2x in 2007, and the day i was going to pay for it, the pandora was announced. so i waited. and i waited. and i'm waiting. now, i want that wait to mean something, so i want to wait the longest. also, if i could have the sticker with the 4,000 serial number on it, it would be much appreciated

I hate to burst your bubble, but my guess is that your request isn't possible for this reason;

craigix said:
The first 100 units were done in order with the stickers, after than it's not ordered.

It's even possible that "4000" is already with someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just give up your spot and wait for a later batch if you enjoy it?

Even if they were numbering them strictly in order, which they aren't, the number of the last pandora of the first batch would depend on how many are defective. There are only about 3800 preorders, because they need to reserve some to replace failed ones.

i hardly think it would be that much of an inconvenience to move someone to the very back of the line. and why is everyone so against me? all i would be doing is moving everyone up one

joce said:
i hardly think it would be that much of an inconvenience to move someone to the very back of the line. and why is everyone so against me? all i would be doing is moving everyone up one
Did you actually read the quote that was posted? How on Earth is posting a very clear statement from one of the team members that, after the first 100, all serial numbers and units are not in order, being "so against you"?

You do know that serial number 4000 is unlikely to be the final unit made in this batch, right? My 246 (a replacement sent out after my first unit developed a fault) is a much later unit than my 426 (my original one) was. Do you see why this doesn't work as you might be thinking it does? ;)

Prometheus said:
joce said:
Did you actually read the quote that was posted? How on Earth is posting a very clear statement from one of the team members that, after the first 100, all serial numbers and units are not in order, being "so against you"?

You do know that serial number 4000 is unlikely to be the final unit made in this batch, right? My 246 (a replacement sent out after my first unit developed a fault) is a much later unit than my 426 (my original one) was. Do you see why this doesn't work as you might be thinking it does? ;)
i do believe i also said "if i could" i really just want to be at the back of the line, if i don't get the sticker, i'll survive

if i was involved with shipping out orders and inclined to go through that much trouble, i would probably just move you to somewhere in the last hundred shipments so that you had to wait longer but you didn't get to wait the longest

typs lik dis said:
if i was involved with shipping out orders and inclined to go through that much trouble, i would probably just move you to somewhere in the last hundred shipments so that you had to wait longer but you didn't get to wait the longest
that's just so you could get #4000! you tricksy devil

Guess I need 1353 then. Turn it up side down and you get "ESEL" (donkey in German). Yeah, we had so much fun back then in elementary school when we just had a calculator in our hands instead of our gameboys. :p

Clearly the #4000 sticker should be reserved for an OpenPandora Ebay spectacular. Custom paint, tested/passed overclocked chip, full accessories, special "Last of First Batch" stamp inside the battery cover, paint pen signatures from the original dev gang, velvet display case and hand delivery from one of the dev team.

Start the bidding at $5K and see where it goes.

Seriously, once the initial pre-orders are done, I hope they do a few things like this to crank up some dough to lead into the 2nd batch.

Grench said:
Clearly the #4000 sticker should be reserved for an OpenPandora Ebay spectacular. Custom paint, tested/passed overclocked chip, full accessories, special "Last of First Batch" stamp inside the battery cover, paint pen signatures from the original dev gang, velvet display case and hand delivery from one of the dev team.

Start the bidding at $5K and see where it goes.

Seriously, once the initial pre-orders are done, I hope they do a few things like this to crank up some dough to lead into the 2nd batch.

We'll all be on zimmer frames with failing eye sight by the time the second batch is released, LOL :blink:

so #42 is already taken. And #69 too ;) but, how about #256 #1024 #3141 #2718 #2502 ... did you know that each natural number is unique? There are 550 prime numbers smaller than 4000. And several other facts.

cosurgi said:
so #42 is already taken. And #69 too ;) but, how about #256 #1024 #3141 #2718 #2502 ... did you know that each natural number is unique? There are 550 prime numbers smaller than 4000. And several other facts.

I love these threads where someone out of the goodness of their own heart would inconvenience themselves for the betterment of the community by volunteering to take one for the team and get something that could fetch collectible $$$$ on Ebay.

I'm not too worried about which number is on mine - but I'd like to know what it is soon. (Subtle longing for a Pandora delivery.)

Back