A plea to those without avatars

Prometheus

My sincerest apologies to Exophase, then... :p

It sizes down fine, but I figured I'd post the full version, for laughs.

Hope you're happy, Exo, because I used one of my best fabric pens on this masterpiece. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Now everybody really does need avatars, or else they're stuck with Generic Inverted Silhouette Guy. :lol:

sporkbox

I don't really see a use for one. I'd rather people recognize me by name or the quality of my posts (or lack thereof at times, lol), not a little picture next to my name.

sporkbox

I suppose so, but it's also just another distraction in the user interface. I'm looking around the new version that was installed and I can't figure out where to disable avatar display. Some of us like simple, pared down interfaces that load and run smoothly. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of appeal for that on the Internet. Devices are getting more capable and people want to pile on the features. Whenever I get around to making forum software, it'll be very simple and clean. </rant>

EDIT: 100th post.

EDIT2: Also, come on. Sporks. That's memorable. >_>

Exophase

Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.
Feel more inclined to get one now that the forums have that awful default image :/

gadgetoid

Staff member
Website
pinout.xyz
I think the default image is fine, mine has grown horns and a pointy beard already. All it needs now is too much hair and it'll basically look like me anyway.

Getting Peter Molyneux to port his good/evil face-morphing technology to IPB was a great idea.

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
Yeah, can't be arsed to set up my avatar yet again now the board's been molested so sod it :)

SavageMind

Had to update to a more name appropriate avatar myself. Another I had was a brain with eyes and teeth. Somehow made some people sick. :blink: :blink:

Fzero

Advanced Member
Here you go, logging onto the boards from a desktop for a change to upload my avatar, couldnt set it on my phone browser

tadaa!