A Nice Thread All About The Psp

Coded Arms just got a pretty bad review, not that the game is bad... at first. Apparently what you see during the first level or two is pretty much what you get for the rest of the game.

Oh and random generated levels... ew.

I'm pissed... this was THE game I wanted from the launch of the system.

Kop007 - damn nice backgrounds dude. If only I knew how to use them :)

Coded Arms always looked crap to me.

Random levels is just an excuse for not making any real environments.

Well...now we can test before we buy :D (at least I should be able to...but I cant get CA to work on 1.0). Has anyone else succeeded?

Mark posted on Jul 4 2005 at 04:21 PM said:
Spout has just been ported to the PSP :)

Cooooool - where is it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of Memory Sticks, anyone want to buy a 512mb Sandick Pro Duo?

Used. Unboxed. But obviously in full working order - hasn't been out of PSP since the day I got it.

Looking for £35-£40. But open to offers. PM or post here.

Hmmm... A quick go on PSPQuake.. shows that the Gp32 version is more polished...

BUT the PSP version IS quicker - and looks like it uses widescreen...

Needs work on the controls.... and on highlighting stuff in the menus (you have to guess as to where the cursor is)... Also the nub needs to be used (e.g. as the cursor)...

Is it as good as Coded Arms?

Graphics wise - NO.
Controls - NO (not yet, but as homebrew I'm sure we can feed stuff back to devver to improve).
"story" - hmm - dunno what Quake's "story" is, but I reckon so..
Environment/level design - well as Coded arms is all random I reckon Quake wins this hands down.
Gameplay - well we'll have to see.

What will I be playing on the train tonight... Hmmmm, tricky - but I think its going to be CA, I mean I paid for that - gotta get my money's worth before I sell it at CEX - by which time Quake will have improved.... (fingers xed).

Argon0

Kop_007 posted on Jul 4 2005 at 06:08 PM said:
Talking of Memory Sticks, anyone want to buy a 512mb Sandick Pro Duo?

Used. Unboxed. But obviously in full working order - hasn't been out of PSP since the day I got it.

Looking for £35-£40. But open to offers. PM or post here.

You bastard ;)

I would have 4 hours ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to here it (for the both of us). :(

Another proposition for you all...I've got Tony Hawks here...anyone want to swap something for it?...I'd like Wipeout.

Actually, I've got a 256mb stick here if anyone wants to make me an offer. Never used and comes with free adaptor :) I bought it for the memory stick swap trick, but a new method arrived before the memory stick did.

If anyone's got some PSP games they want to sell, giz us a shout :)

I would buy the mem card if i had the cash, can you hold out till my next pay?(20th july) or until I sell some of my stuff

What's this? A universal ISO loader for all PSP games?

The question is...will it bypass firmware checks?

where hwere where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit:
on ps2nfo!
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! whooooooooahhhhhhhh i need a bigger stick!

PS2NFO are wank stains. They slag off Team Xecuter and call them liars when all PS2NFO do is steal homebrew and slap their label on it.

i dunno if anyone has said this, or even if i have said it but shieeet hotshots golf is addictive i've had it for 3 weeks and im not bored of it at all,

and man i have a hangover to beat ALL hangovers

Hot shots is Coool.... Love it - but I've got too many games at the moment - I've got three in the last week - CA, HSOT, and Mercury - not played the latter yet...

Back