A Nice Thread All About The Psp

GET IN TO THE GAME WITH THE PSP

What better way to play games on the go this summer is playing the PSP . We're letting our customers know about some cool new games coming this summer and some other cool sales and surprises! Many great games are out this month as well and more keep on coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE HAVE PUT OUR

PSP VALUE PACK ON SALE TO $319.99CAN

FROM $339.99CAN PLUS FOR A LIMITED TIME WE ARE INCLUDING A FREE HORI SCREEN PROTECTOR (OFFER EXPIRES JUNE 28TH)

Don't miss out on this excellent Opportunity!

Click Here To Order

Good timing Garrrrrry.

:-D just ordered my psp value pack with free screen protector & wipeout pure £188 inc p&p Now thats why people are importing them sony!! if i'd have waited what would have been 1year then in septermber i'd have been paying £180 just for the psp then probabaly another £35-£40 on top of that for wipeout pure....scandalous.

cheers for all your help guys i'll keep you posted on the psp :-D

1 question for fifa are u only aloud to use the analog stick to control the players? hope u can use the pad aswell :-( dont like using analog to control football games

:-D just ordered my psp value pack with free screen protector & wipeout pure £188 inc p&p Now thats why people are importing them sony!! if i'd have waited what would have been 1year then in septermber i'd have been paying £180 just for the psp then probabaly another £35-£40 on top of that for wipeout pure....scandalous.

cheers for all your help guys i'll keep you posted on the psp :-D

1 question for fifa are u only aloud to use the analog stick to control the players? hope u can use the pad aswell :-( dont like using analog to control football games

Fifa-you control the players using the little nub, and control the after touch/skills with the d pad.

It doesn't work too well imo. But it was a fair game, and I played it a bit. Just have a book to red during the loading times. Unlock the great hot shots golf, which is pure fun!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh well never mind looks like i'm gonna wait till pro evo comes out for it :). is that world soccer game any good. i think its "This is Football" but just renamed for out american friends?

Gaz.

Never played it, but the general concensus is that it was poorer than fifa.

But get the kxploit kit on your psp, and play sensi soccer on the snes... :D

Never played it, but the general concensus is that it was poorer than fifa.

But get the kxploit kit on your psp, and play sensi soccer on the snes... :D

Sensi Soccer is the legend (see avatar)...but ISS is the best on the SNES, afterall, it is the great grandfather of PES.

Glad to hear you're waiting for PES Gaz...how can you even consider FIFA?

I think World Soccer is TIF (Which in my opinion was quite good). Still, just wait for PES and play ISS on the SNES in the meantime (those scenarios will have you playing for ages).

I can't wait for PES and Football Manager (if anyone wants any input on that, the SI forums are a great way of talking to the men behind the game)- both for the UK launch....hoping anyway.

PES is going to be the best thing ever though. I doubt it will have online play seeing as the problems they have with it on the console titles...though it's meant to be much better in PES5/WE9....and incidently it works perfect on the PC (Anyone want a game?)

For the controls, I'm thinking everything the same as on the PS2, with 'R' as sprint and 'L' as change man and chip etc. Control would be via the pad and skills via the nub.

I just cant wait for this. The amount of time I have devoted to playing friends and having tournaments on PES is frightening...you see, I beleive to be good at PES you have to understand football...it's not a game, it's a football simulation. Think 5 moves ahead and you will become a master.

Well, that was a bit of an exciting rant.

I'm going to be ordering a PSP for someone(from lik sang), they'll want the value pack, does it come with a USB lead? Because I'll want to put some homebrew on the memory card for them just to show them. If not then oh well, but, what other functions does the memory stick have?

I'm going to be ordering a PSP for someone(from lik sang), they'll want the value pack, does it come with a USB lead? Because I'll want to put some homebrew on the memory card for them just to show them. If not then oh well, but, what other functions does the memory stick have?

Why Lik Sang? Mine came from there, but I paid 76 euros tax... Videogamesplus.ca won't cost you that extra, and have this special offer...

No usb cable. But just use a card reader, much easier.

Other functions of memory card? Well, it's just a mem card. But you know all about video playback, mp3, jpeg etc? That's about it. There are web browsers out there too.

But the emu scene and homebrew is exploding! There's even a (very slow) GBA emu!!! And people are whispering about N64, but no proof ;)

was just a thought that came into my head then straight back out in regards to fifa :) lol

konami are apparently looking into the wireless capabilities for the psp version which should be pretty cool.

what emulators work on the psp (u.s version) is it just the same emu's that the gp32 uses like drmd and snes9x?

i'll defo be playing iss on the snes emu when it comes :) ohhhhh i cant wait :)

how long did every1ns take to come from videogamesplus.ca? heard that some1 ordered there's on the friday and it was there on the monday :-D hope that happens with mine :)

in regards to getting anything from lik-sang PLEASE DONT, when i got my gp32 they delivered it and then smacked me with a £40 charge for tax and handling the cheeky monkeys.

might give that world soccer a chance as i like the ps2 versions of TIF, can score some pretty good goals on it too :)

Gaz.

Why Lik Sang? Mine came from there, but I paid 76 euros tax... Videogamesplus.ca won't cost you that extra, and have this special offer...

No usb cable. But just use a card reader, much easier.

Other functions of memory card? Well, it's just a mem card. But you know all about video playback, mp3, jpeg etc? That's about it. There are web browsers out there too.

But the emu scene and homebrew is exploding! There's even a (very slow) GBA emu!!! And people are whispering about N64, but no proof ;)

Damn, I forgot about that import tax, is it guaranteed to happen?

It's very very likely, as they will label it as what it is.

BTW, I wrote this review of Fifa for another site, might as well add it here as well... Someone had given it 9/10, so I had to put them right...

Well, they WILL release it in europe, whether it has a name change remains to be seen. Can't be bothered to check with gamespot, but has it has the euro leagues, it'll come out the same...

Which is a shame, as the game wasn't finished!

I've played this game since it came out, and need to say that I had fun with it. But 9/10????? That's an all time claasic score, a GTA, a God of war score. No, fifa is buggy, slow, takes for ever to load one game, is so untested, and just isn't football.

Let me tell you why.

You load it up, you get a menu, you get another menu, you get another menu, you get another menu, you get....

Before you play your first game, you have gone through more menus than a fat man in Macdonalds. And each one takes forever to load, ie. Play Game should take you to the game, but here you wait a LONG time, then you get anpther menu!!!! To switch the PSP on, load a save state and play a game takes minutes. If you want to fiddle a bit with the managerial side (although it has no bearing on the game), you can double the time. It's like they had too much ambition, and too little talent. Kills the fun.

So finally you are in the game. Firstly it looks very nice, in a PC stlye way. The stadiums and players all look good. There are numerous camera angles, but only one that's useable.

So the ref blows is whistle, and you're off. Here comes the REAL problems. And they are two in number.

Firstly the controls. They don't work. Sorry, but what made the last console Fifa okay, was this aftertouch mechanism. They've tried to include it here. So you control the player with nub, and are supposed to add control with the d-pad. Using the same finger(thumb!). You have to take your finger off the nub, and fumble with the d-pad. How? You can't. You just can't. So you don't use the d-pad at all. Wasted feature, lack of fun.

And then there is the lag. You press a button, and your player thinks about it, then maybe obeys you. Now, don't get me wrong, it's only a split second. But that split second is vital, crucial. And it's not just the natural physical balance of the onscreeen player, it's just a lag. And it's horrible.

Then comes the problem that to succeed in Fifa involves NO football skill or knowledge at all. No Pro Evo planning ahead, working out attack moves, practicing your defence skills, or working out shooting subleties. No, your defence pass to your midfield, they pass to your strikers, they run up the pitch and shoot from range. Some times they score, some times they don't and there's nowt you can do about it!!! 95% of all the goals will be scored by the strikers. There's no fluid midfield play.

And the bugs. Oh the bugs. You shoot at goal, and...the game freezes. Have you scored? The game just stops. A horrible ug, and why it's still in the game...? EA sports, you should be ashamed of this one. After a while you realise that you haven't scored cos it only hangs when you miss, but... ughhh!

The commentary is always behind the action, and can get very boring.

The extras. What are they there for? To try to add some worth to what EA knew was a substandard game. When I buy a Footie game, I want footie, not pop videos!

Compare to Hot Shots Golf. You load it up, you are playing. No waiting, just fun. Fifa has killed the fun, it's buggy, and just NOT football, nor Soccer.

BUT- I did enjoy it. May have come over that I was being really hard, but I did play it a lot, and still have the odd game. Just remember that Pro Evo is around the corner, and enjoy fifa for what it is.

6/10 a bugged, flawed game, but there is fun to be had!

I cant verify, but just get it from VideoGames+, there is no import tax from them.

Gaz, VG+ are usually very quick, I usually have stuff delivered 3-4 days after ordering from them (assuming it's in stock - damn Canadian Tiger Woods saga).

check if its a jap version psp as i personally didnt want a jap version (videogamesplus.ca psp value + wipeout pure £188.00 inc p&p)

cheers for the review of fifa (loved the fat man comment :) ). i dont think i'll be giving it a try unless there's a demo to download for it one day.

:-D so i could have it before the end of next week :) ohhh happy days :)

i think i'll probably get that golf game next or maybe tiger woods dont know which one yet but i'll definately need a sports game or i'll start gettin the shakes lol. has that new GTA been confirmed for September release? i dont think it will be released in sept as that would basically put it as a launch title for the psp and rock* never put gta as a launch title game but hey things change :)

burnout legends looks the dogs nuts so i think that will be my third purchase probably at the end of july.....

Gaz.

Really recommend Hot Shots Golf! It's fun, but got depth too! As long as big headed Japs don't bother you!

Back