A Nice Thread All About The Psp

GTA is out on the 1st of Sept in US/JAP dunno what the UK release date is but the launch games are the same as US/JAP - ridge racer / wipeout etc etc. Probally need a 1.51 or 1.52 firmware anyway ;)

psp has been shipped :-D ordered at 9am out for shipping by 5pm :-D happy days :)

think the racing game your on about is midnight club: dub edition played it on the ps2 its very very good.

Gaz.

BLIMEY!!!!

:eek:

I find these figures astonishing, especially the game sales...

wow.... wonder what the US sales figures are looking like by now? Well this is very good news as it will get the japanese game developers to take sharp notice and much more interest in producing games for the DS... good news as many of us originally thought the DS would be lacking 3rd party games as most Nintendo systems have since SNES.

Again... wish they'd post the US sales figures because that would give us a good indication of how likely it is that the sure-to-be-soon flood of new games in Japan will be ported over for US release, and UK release as well.

I'm still baffled... a year ago it seemed so OBVIOUS to anyone who had seen both systems, that the PSP just 'HAD' to win. It wasn't anything against Nintendo (at least not in my case), it's just that, to most people (read: the unbiased, non Nintendo fanboys) the PSP just looked 'better'. I'd compare DS vs. PSP to Xbox vs PS2 (to which there are many similiarities) but there's one big difference, unlike Xbox, PSP does still have the immense amount of 3rd party support to keep it well supplied with a large variety of games,... even if those games are slow in coming. IMO this was the one thing that kept the more powerful Xbox from pulling ahead. But then again, games don't seem to be coming any more rapidly for the DS. So what really is drawing people more to the DS????

My oppinion is still that Nintendo did 'get it right' when they decided that people want to go back to playing simpler games, games that don't require two control sticks and 4-8 buttons. Especially people out there like my wife who can't play Street Fighter or Halo... the DS is fun because every game is just so easy to pick up and play.

I've said it before... I think this same strategy will be the same thing that makes the Revolution a hit, since Nintendo seem to be going the same direction with that.

Well... damn... someone post some US sales figures!!

Last edited by a moderator:
its was nothing against lik-sang they did everything perfectly with my gp32 but i wasnt warned about import tax or anything like that and mine wasnt marked as a game or gift but it was a couple of years ago so maybe they've changed now.

Gaz.

Psp is on its way, on its way on its way, my psp is on its way and gaz is very happy :-D

my psp is in manchester with the corrier for delivery :-D oh i cant wait.

found a site with emulators on it for psp too so will be gettin them straight away

Gaz.

Blimey, that was quick!

I am loving the snes emu. I can't stop playing Chrono Trigger, and then so many more snes rpgs :D

yeah hopefull it will come before 12 so i can go home at dinner and pick it up :)

cant wait to play the megadrive emu and the snes emu and hopefully soon the gba emu will be good enough to run 100% :-D

ohhh happy days :)

Gaz.

Blimey, that was quick!

I am loving the snes emu. I can't stop playing Chrono Trigger, and then so many more snes rpgs :D

Ever heard of or played 7th Saga 2 - Mystic Ark? I just tried this one... looks REALLY good, but unfortunately it must be a translated japanese version because the text is all weird. Just wondering if it's worth trying to hunt down an english version?

I never had a snes, so have so much to find out! So I haven't heard of that game. But with so much to play, my UMDs are geting lonely. Except Hot Shots Golf... a superb game!

heh well I didn't have to look hard... found a translated version that actually works properly in english. This game looks really good, it's an Enix game. Unfortunately I can't put it on my PSP til I get home... for some reason the card reader on the computer at work has stopped working :(

So many riches.... I'll have to hunt that one out. But at the moment am playing Chrono Trigger till my thumbs bleed.

It is by far the best game I've played on the PSP. Really, handheld gaming has never been so good. The new fday emus I've played have been superb! (Mario Tennis all over again on Gameboy, Colecovision-more new stuff etc. Reesy making DR MD EVEN better, Mame getting better...) The DS getting Animal Crossing and Black and White in the fall. The PSP getting burnout and others. The ninja a possibility. The Giz might be cracked....

Who needs PS3????

Try Mystical Ninja. Kind of a real time fighting RPG.

Was one of my favourites back in the day. The 2 player was excellent.

yeah mystical ninja runs full speed like at FS 1 or 2 on PSP... the first Goemon game I had ever played back when it launched early in the SNES's life, and was one of the better SNES games.

psp arrived in manchester at 8:58am this morning i only live 1hour away and its still not here. there killing me lol what are they doing walking it round to my house lol.

wipeout pure here i come lol :)

Gaz.

yeah mystical ninja runs full speed like at FS 1 or 2 on PSP... the first Goemon game I had ever played back when it launched early in the SNES's life, and was one of the better SNES games.

Indeed, Picked an American version up at a computer fair back in the day.

So many excellent hours on that game....especially using the travel agents.

Back