A Nice Thread All About The Psp

Nintendo patented Gameboy Advance emulation thats it, don't worry about the Sega Systems, i think Sega would be happy just know that people are still playing their games.

As for the memory card. I believe its a PSP only card, not to be used in any other kind of media, but does anybody know what the size is? If they only make 32mb cards then it would be pointless and expensive.

Ok heres the thing. You gotta spend about 100 bucks to buy a cartrige for the gameboy. Nintendo did know it was possible there not stupid, but then they look at there clientel and they think that most of the people that play the gba are kids some teens and a few adults. So the figure hey about 85 percent of the kids wont be able to buy the cartrige. About 75 Percent Of the teens wont be able to buy the cartriges. And since the adults is such a small percentage it wouldnt matter if they all bought the cartriges. Anyways thats just people that KNOW ABOUT emulation posibilities. I bet 75 percent of gba owners dont know about flashible cartriges. I know that people here in gp32x.de Are comp friendly. But you have to understand that theres somepeople out there that just want to play there games flawlisly with least effort. And that dont want to spend any extra money on anything.

Another thing is that HOMEBREWING IS FREE. SO that's a huge reason why sony wouldnt want to expo anything out. Any idiot can put games on a flash card and play them. You know guys this is how the DC came to a close. People fucked around with its software and people really didnt care about the company which is preaty fucked up. They just cared about themselves. I had a friend that had about 200 cdr's of dc games and he didnt even buy a chip. SUCKS HUH. Hope you guys see if it from my side B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:43 PM said:
I know, I was making fun of linkinpark for bein a dumbarse

AND PS FUCK YOU YOUR A DUMB ASS. FUCKER. YOU CANT EVEN SPELL "DUMBASS" IDIOT :angry:

well it is interesting. I am pretty sure it's not the copied games that killed the DC.. in fact, it has been argued that copied/bootlegged games are one of the reasons why psOne got so huge in the first place!! (I know, psOne needed a mod, DC didn't). Sony just killed Sega with their marketing and brands.. Sega didn't have a strong enough lineup lik Nintendo (not that Nintendo's not getting stale by now either) But you know what I am saying.

I was under the impression that it was going to be a normal Sony Memory Stick used in the PSP, from that picture it looks like it ('cept for the little PSP logo.. and the fact that it's only a little tiny piece sticking out) Sony usually seems to use standard Memory Sticks in their products fromwhat I can tell (curiously, not in the PS2.. or maybe not-so-curiously..)

anyway I agree with someone else above who said "zero is known about the emu/hb possibilities of the PSP at this time" - reserve your judgement until the thing is out for real and people have been tinkering with it.

ralp99 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:55 PM said:
well it is interesting. I am pretty sure it's not the copied games that killed the DC.. in fact, it has been argued that copied/bootlegged games are one of the reasons why psOne got so huge in the first place!! (I know, psOne needed a mod, DC didn't). Sony just killed Sega with their marketing and brands.. Sega didn't have a strong enough lineup lik Nintendo (not that Nintendo's not getting stale by now either) But you know what I am saying.

I was under the impression that it was going to be a normal Sony Memory Stick used in the PSP, from that picture it looks like it ('cept for the little PSP logo.. and the fact that it's only a little tiny piece sticking out) Sony usually seems to use standard Memory Sticks in their products fromwhat I can tell (curiously, not in the PS2.. or maybe not-so-curiously..)

anyway I agree with someone else above who said "zero is known about the emu/hb possibilities of the PSP at this time" - reserve your judgement until the thing is out for real and people have been tinkering with it.

You killed your own argument. You said "I know, psOne needed a mod, DC didn't" Lol. That says it all. And the dc lineup was fucking awesome. Just sonic alone was the shit. And if it wasnt a great lineup then why did people bother bootleging them and then playing them. People are selfish nowadayz <_<

look, you DUMBARSE(it's a different word, look in a dictionary for dumbarse, you'll find your name underneath), just about everyone had a ps1 chip. it was publicised about it a lot more than DC so even chavs had them.

skeezix posted on Dec 7 2004 at 05:52 PM said:
And no mention of the security on the memstick? If the device onyl accepts the secure memsticks, or if the apps have to be signed or anything..

So zero information about homebrew is yet known.

jeff

jeff hurry up an port castawy ;) to the PSP

well, another bundle of intelligent posts from linkin. Anyway linkin, if i'm not mistaken Goity is from the UK or around there and that is how they say it.

Goity posted on Dec 7 2004 at 09:01 PM said:
look, you DUMBARSE(it's a different word, look in a dictionary for dumbarse, you'll find your name underneath), just about everyone had a ps1 chip. it was publicised about it a lot more than DC so even chavs had them.

Thats a very nice statistic. JUST ABOUT EVERY ONE. Your an idiot. No not just about every one thats fucking wrong. People who didnt know how to deal with that type of stuff never bought the chip. You cant base something on your opinion or on how many people you know.

Linkin: You went to the market, handed over your PSone and £20 and walla, a chipped PSone, you just went to the market and bought copied games after that. EVERYONE had one, I was 10 and I knew all about it.

Stinkin Linkin`s back again! :rolleyes:

Anyway, The memory stick in mr.mirko`s initial post looks exactly like a magicgate memory stick duo with a standard ps logo on it. So that could suggest that homebrew could be possible through that interface, Just not copyrighted material. But then again i could just be talking bollocks like our mate linkin. B)

Trooper

Linkinparkfov101 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:20 PM said:
I HIGHLY DOUBT that Sony WILL make the psp HomeBrew friendly. What are you stupid or something.

it was a suggestion DUMBARSE, ur pretty much just out of your n00b boots urself, and alredy your calling people stupid coz they dare to hope that a cirtain console might have a cool feature, in fact in my opinion, ur the stupid one here

EDIT: plus Linken Park is shit :p

finty101 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 09:29 PM said:
Linkin: You went to the market, handed over your PSone and £20 and walla, a chipped PSone, you just went to the market and bought copied games after that. EVERYONE had one, I was 10 and I knew all about it.

Your forgeting your in the uk. In us its ALLOT harder,I think its even illigal to do that here. Whell it is illigal to mod Systems period but I think its illigal for a shop to mod systems in the us. I have never gone to a shop that mods. Ive lived in florida new jersey new york and rhode island and i have never seen a shop that mods. Of course i have met individual people that can do it for you but never a shop were they sell commercial games and have commercial sponsers. You have to look at where other people are comming from. And stop being so ignorant.

7 years ago you'd go to any market and fina a chipping station. they were everywhere!

btw: wolly: don't dis shit :lol:

anyways
the PSP will have emu's , everything has emu's
Its just a matter of time
and Nintendo cant sue Sony, even if there is an emu that comes out for the PSP
why? cause they didnt make it!
there will be emu's, there always will be

~Octavious

Man this Linkinpark dude is a dumbass.

I remember seeing them everywhere I went, local and nationwide stores carrying them.

And I knew what they were, and I was REAL young. Stop talking Linkin. Stop it.

I was in Florida for 2 weeks and I saw a shop offering a chipping service, hell the local JVC offical shop here offered one. I don't think sony tried that hard to crack down then, it helped shift consoles, like the way it does for N-gage.

Back