A Nice Thread All About The Psp

I highly doubt you will be able to run games off a memory card. Partly because they'd get sued by Nintendo.
That said, if someone does manage to crack it, I will get one if:
It had good N64 emulation, perfect emulation of everything before N64.
It comes down in price.
The battery life isn't as pathetic as it's supposed to be.

Dr no said:'Would it be wise to grab one from Japan, or are games that will be spread in Eurpe incompatible with that hardware?'
(I'm doing it this way because i don't know how to create a quote :p )

the answere is: The psp games will be region free!
There is just a problem with the movie discs,
Isn't there still a region code?

Last edited by a moderator:
abc_Keks posted on Dec 7 2004 at 07:54 PM said:
Dr no said:'Would it be wise to grab one from Japan, or are games that will be spread in Eurpe incompatible with that hardware?'
(I'm doing it this way because i don't know how to create a quote :p )

the answere is: The psp games will be region free!
There is just a problem with the movie discs,
Isn't there still a region code?
I think the latests news before this was that the movies are to be region free also.

Yeah, the PSP still has a region lock out for movies and I'm not paying $190 to get limited features... But if your impatient to buy go right ahead. :p

EDIT: Really kknd_cf? I didn't hear that but I would love to be proven wrong.

Goity posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:13 PM said:
why would they get sued by nintendo?
It's patented by ninty.

I was planning on getting a ds but might as well wait a year and see which direction both these handhelds go. They both look sweet :D. I also want to see the GBA successor. I'm assuming that will be the main psp competition in the end.

I HIGHLY DOUBT that Sony WILL make the psp HomeBrew friendly. What are you stupid or something. They make all of there money by selling software, not by selling hardware. Cant you see that Microsoft And Sony are selling councils Dirt cheap, when there worth allot more. Thats because they sign up with developers and get money off great games like GTA And Halo. Thats where they make profit from. Not FROM hardware like GP32. Thats why gp32 Hardware is kinda expensive.

Seriously Dont expect homebrew on the Psp OR on the ds. If you going to get them because there great systems go ahead but dont expect a gba emulator for it. Sony wont allow it, The card slot was meant for movies and music, Not for ILLIGAL NINTENDO COPYRIGHTED EMULATORS. And yes nintendo dose own the copyright to all emulators. Thats why crimson fire and gambit studios are going to court with nintendo. :p

even megadrive emulators?
btw... I never knew sony bought and sold government.... ;)
o yeah, I was saying they could have HOMEBREW running on it not NINTENDO EMULATORS...

Nintendo would probably Sue Sony

Gain money by making your biggest rival lose money = Good for you ^_^

So does anyone know approx battery life?

Linkinparkfov101 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:20 PM said:
I HIGHLY DOUBT that Sony WILL make the psp HomeBrew friendly. What are you stupid or something. They make all of there money by selling software, not by selling hardware. Cant you see that Microsoft And Sony are selling councils Dirt cheap, when there worth allot more. Thats because they sign up with developers and get money off great games like GTA And Halo. Thats where they make profit from. Not FROM hardware like GP32. Thats why gp32 Hardware is kinda expensive.

Seriously Dont expect homebrew on the Psp OR on the ds. If you going to get them because there great systems go ahead but dont expect a gba emulator for it. Sony wont allow it, The card slot was meant for movies and music, Not for ILLIGAL NINTENDO COPYRIGHTED EMULATORS. And yes nintendo dose own the copyright to all emulators. Thats why crimson fire and gambit studios are going to court with nintendo. :p
by7 the way, companies that don't want homebrew sometimes have no say over it really. That's what happened with the GBA and it's flash carts. It wasn't intended to happen but some clever guy (ask around I know next to nothing about the GBA homebrewn scene) designed the flash cart. And there you go homebrew made from another company altogether.

Then look at the Gamecube

Gamecube said f off to hackers, and alas no pirate games or homebrew is possible (except for a flaw in PSO)

SONY could easily do the same

hayay someone who isn't crazy and doesn't think homebrew is emulating a console by nintendo

Linkinparkfov101 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 09:20 PM said:

What coding or console hacking did you do to be able to tell us we're stupid because we believe in a future homebrew possibility?
Yes, probably you're right and Sony hates homebrew developers. After all, they didn't release something like the net yarozee back then...
blah blah blah...

Back