98se

weirdspawningkid

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Is their a free driver for 98se that works with gp2x. I know I need some kind of mass storage driver but all I can find is links to subscription based sites and random crap that doesn't help. I would appreciate a point in the right direction, but I could buy a flash card reader as I've seen them advertised with 98 drivers on a cd so I could use one, but I'd rather spend my leftover cash on more sd cards.

Hi everybody,

Is their a free driver for 98se that works with gp2x. I know I need some kind of mass storage driver but all I can find is links to subscription based sites and random crap that doesn't help. I would appreciate a point in the right direction, but I could buy a flash card reader as I've seen them advertised with 98 drivers on a cd so I could use one, but I'd rather spend my leftover cash on more sd cards.

There is mass storage for Win98se. It worked on the GP32. you might want to try here http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html the forums pretty good. I offer no guarentees.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Windows 98 SE checks what type of USB device that my gp2x is, it's returned as being a `File-backed Storage Gadget'. After a quick search, I didn't come up with any drivers for 98.

Me need my gp2x 98. :p

Well, MS forces you to Upgrade...
To make Money and stuf...
Some stuff even refuses to install on 2k allready, its a mess...
If you dont need w98 for any special program/dos games you may try to upgrade to w2k or 2k3 server. Or run it in dual boot.

Back