Is There Any Way To Mount A Fs From A Usb Cd Reader?

darionapole

Well i was trying out this usb-ide/sata adapter with a 4gb hard drive and everything went fine, but when tried the dvd-writer, it's detected and everthing but there's no dev file :(

Code:
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Vendor: HL-DT-ST Model: DVDRAM GSA-4163B Rev:
Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 7
USB Mass Storage support registered.

i think that scsi0 should be the file as dmesg says but it isn't there so i've no idea
btw, i'm using Open2X DR7 on a F200( B ) , any idea?
if not maybe the open2x team could add it to the next release

I guess you are missing something like /dev/sr0.
Try to generate one via mknod /dev/sr0 b 11 0 and replug the CD Reader.
But then you will need ISO drivers etc. No idea if Open2X ships those.

Good luck.
BR
paines

will see if i can mount a image, if mounts will see if that works thanks :D

EDIT:
well, iso9660 is supported, but i couldn't make the dvd writer work. If senor cuack counld tell me if there is any way or what does he think, it would be great.
btw tried with mknod /dev/sr0 and scsi0 as in the dmesg and replugged but it said not readeable or non existen etc

/dev/mmcsd/disc0/part1 on /mnt/sd type vfat (rw,sync,noatime)
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/sd/ebook type iso9660 (ro)

EDI2:
well i tryed a lot of things, i don't know a lot about this kind of things in linux but it seems to me that open2X doesn't have the CD-ROM driver compiled.
btw found this http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/CDROM-HOWTO.html#AEN352

Not sure if its of any use to you but the default drivers built with the kernel can be found here - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,2782
If you can find out which module you need you can use insmod modulename.o to load it before plugging in your drive.
Again these are just the default modules in the Open2x svn repository so it might not contain the file you need. I just needed to usb to serial driver which works fine.
Hope that helps.

Back